Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,880 Comments
KikiMcH
First Steps
New update no longer allows user to see start and end time of any given sleep stage and is more difficult to read. Please give back the old format or add the old feature of being able to tap any sleep segment for more details.

Please tell me this functionality wasn't buried in premium features. That would be really uncool.
Dallasgin
First Steps
Ditto
Sent from my iPhone
kbandomer
Stepping Up
  • Fitbit user for many many years. On my 8th fitbit which is a 3rd Charge 5. Two mornings ago I checked my sleep data and this new graph emerged on my screen. I hate it!  Vertical lines all over the place as opposed to the single lateral line. I will definitely begin looking for another system if the old format does not return.
Dallasgin
First Steps
Agreed!
Sent from my iPhone
Allyrocks
First Steps

Woke up this morning to a new but horrendous sleep overview. The new graph sucks and it’s not user friendly. Would love to know who your pilot group of test users were….developers?  I’ve been using Fitbit for many years and SLEEP is the only reason I purchase the Fitbit. I asked for a newer version for my Mother’s Day but will now reconsider if this is how you are moving forward with the UI. 

SSWAG16
Recovery Runner

I would agree with you, Ally!  The app sucks now! I only use Fitbit for sleep data and steps. The web version hasn't changed, that I'm aware of. I don't have an Apple Watch, but if things don't improve with Fitbit, I will eventually make the switch.

MH2121
Stepping Up

Agreed, please give us the option to return to the old view.  While I like the slider functionality, the colors and general format are difficult to read, and functionality for multi-day viewing is lost.  Sleep tracking is extremely important to me, and this is the kind of change that means my Sense 2 no longer meets one of my primary needs. 

And on a way less important note: I miss the cute sleep profile animal, which disappeared on the update.  (Hey, it's honest feedback.)

Coffeyrush
First Steps

I napped for 1 1/2 hours yesterday but with the new and "improved" version, I cannot add that in. It used to be easy peasy - now it cannot be done. And forget about trying to decipher or interpret what sleep stages I had compared to earlier nights. That used to be simple also. 

Harbutlouis
First Steps

New sleep format is DREADFUL. Can't follow it. WHY MEDDLE WITH THINGS? Really can't be bothered with all this crap. If it doesn't change back or we are not offered the option I shall ditch Fitbit for another app/ company. You're not indispensible Fitbit.

spotty59
First Steps

I agree. Please give us at least the option to turn it back to the old version. My wife has low vision and just can't see parts of it.

MrsMoo93
First Steps

I agree. Sending my fitbit back while I can. The app isn't worth it. Without features like fitbit bingo it's just rubbish 

Chele2
First Steps
The changes to the sleep tiles are awful & it isn’t easy to understand sleep now. Nothing wrong with how the information was presented before. Please change it back.
Jjany
First Steps

The new Sleep record format is not fit for purpose. I found the previous version extremely helpful but will no longer use the Fitbit app unless the old format is restored- despite being a user for many years

Champchamp92
Jogger

The new sleep graph is so ugly and unreadable. Honestly beforehand it was easy to digest. Now you need a degree to understand it. Some people enjoy simplicity. I am one of them. Also the recent app changes have stripped all colour and fun from reading it. Why is it so dull? I’m really considering leaving Fitbit once this tracker dies and I’ve had about 5 Fitbit’s over the last 10 years. I don’t think they will change it back. They didn’t listen to us the last time we were unhappy with the app. I rarely engage with the app since the changes and now I truly do not care about looking at my sleep because it is clunky and uninviting. 

MarkWW
First Steps
Dear Fitbit
I really hate the new sleep format please bring back the old one as soon as possible
04sprj0
First Steps

The sleep section needs to go back to how it looked before. The new sleep section (including graphs) is complicated, sectioned in a way that’s really messy & difficult to navigate information, and it looks like the app is going backwards in time, not forwards. As a head of maths at a school, I’m very surprised that this format of the statistics was approved to be ‘better’ than the previous. 

Bicmurns
First Steps
Please give us the option to revert back to previous version. The latest version of the sleep data page specifically is so bad I assumed it was broken. I restarted the app / phone and even "force stopped" the app, only to realise it was a new update!

The original user interface (pre Google acquisition) was so much better.
YongQi
First Steps
I don’t understand why they have to KEEP changing the format of things so frequently. I hated the new exercise/zone minutes overview when it came out, and still do now, and many other changes. With the new SLEEP interface I woke up to this morning, I am really done. If they don’t bring back the old version, I’ll finally switch to another product
Eily123
First Steps

I’m very disappointed with the new format. It’s too big, difficult to read, monochrome and outdated. The previous version was attractive and easy to read. I hate the new version of Fitbit. 

YongQi
First Steps

I’m also visually impaired and find the new overview so difficult to read! 

YongQi
First Steps

I have premium but also don’t have those details (any more). Seriously considering switching product right now…

Northernmrsowen
First Steps

Absolutely HATE the new sleep app. Not user friendly at all 

bring back the much easier to use previous version which is also easier on the eye too

MYPD
First Steps

Yes I completely agree. This modification is horrendous. The previous one was simple and straightforward. So easy to compare on one graph both your individual stats and those of the benchmark. Whoever thought this new format was a good idea??? Think both me and my husband will be looking to change from Fitbit to something else. 

aveverett
Jogger

It’s so badly designed and user un-friendly. The new sleep graphic is so awful to look at, it’s really jarring. Alongside the other changes it’s making me want to switch products. I’ve always been loyal to Fitbit but the graphics on the app having been getting worse and worse. The colours are poor. Do you guys ever seek advice from experts as also thinking about how inaccessible these are for anyone with dyslexia or other visual related challenges. There should be options for other formats or to revert back to previous versions. Honestly this is becoming more and more off-putting to use.

Rroossee
First Steps

I hate it too! The previous one was much more useful. Why change it?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.