Positively Phrased Notifications for Challenges

As a teacher, I'm always looking to phrase negative student behavior in a positive way (eg. If a student is running and they need to walk, I say "so-and-so, walk, please," not, "so-and-so, stop running.") I was a little disheartened when I received a notification from one of my challenges saying "You demoted so-and-so!" It made me feel bad for doing well, because it told me I had had a negative consequence on my friend. It was all I could focus on. Instead, I wish the notification had said something like "Congratulations! You're now in 1st place! Keep up the good work!" It's getting the same exact message across, but in a positive manner.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

3 Comments
Runnermom35
First Steps
When I am "demoted" it motivates me. To each their own I guess.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@trobinson878 I really like this because I'm a really positive person and the fact that it will reflect positiveness all the time motivates me. Also, the idea to have a positive notification whenever you pass one of your friends instead of having something like "you demoted somebody",  is great. More friendly. I hope this request to be implemented in the nearest future.  Thank you for the awesome idea. 

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this was released on Fitbit Challenges some time ago. You can find more details here.

@trobinson878, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!”

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.