Pre, Post, and during workout, and vitamins/supplements as part of food log

Hi there!

One idea I have is that in the food log, there should be a pre, during, and  post workout section to add things like protein bars, shakes, energy supplements (such as preworkout shots and such), creatine, sports drinks, etc. I think it would be helpful to see everything fullscale separated through the day. I was thinking also, could you add the time at which you had the item? As in, ate the item at 2:28/14:28PM for Lunch, etc. 

Also, I know there are also people already asking about the vitamins and supplements, but seriously, that would be awesome if you could add that.

Thanks,

John.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great idea for the Food Log! Thanks for posting 🙂

Xx-Ranger-xX
Jogger

I came to this section to request this. I use up all my other meal and snack times and I do watch my calorie intake for each and compare to see where I should adjust and I can't consistently find a spot to put my post workout shake. and Anytime just feels wrong - This should be customizable ie I can add as many custom meal times as I want or if that's too hard to manage then atleast give us pre workout, post workout and durring workout - if you think it too much for most people to handle then just make it so you can hide or unhide the ones you want to use. 

This needs to get in ASAP.

Cheers

ccfrog33
First Steps

I'd like to offer a recommendation with regards to loggin vitamins and or prescriptions.  I'd like to be able to log when I take my vitamins, supplements or prescriptions.  Since we are able to log our food, water and exercise I felt it would be a great tool to also log when we've taken our daily vitamins, etc.  I also take a prescription that I'd like to be able to log as well.  This way i have everything stored in one location.   I'd recommend making it fairly generic.  Not necessary to list vitamins to choose from.  Just provide a blank for the end-user to fill as they wish and how many times a day they are to take it.  

Moderator edit: Added labels

CastAddict
Premium User
First Steps

I too would like to see a dedicated section for logging vitamins and supplements. I dont think prescription medication is a viable option however. 

MamaBear1416
First Steps

I would love this! This, and be able to set reminders for them, I know I tend to forget to take things, when I am suppose to.

Boliver101
Jogger

I think a customisable logging function is a great idea. Set goals for anything. Want to track alcohol intake, TV watching, nap times, set a limit and see how you do. 

justmagen
Jogger

This is the very first thing I have searched the forum for.... to see how everyone logs pre/post workout supplements, shakes, etc.  

Repsol667
Jogger

It would be nice to have a few more time zones you could add food intake to. Some fitness goals require more or set times throughout the day. Such as "Before bed", "Pre-Workout", and "Post-Workout. I might even be nice if you could customize your own times or meal titles and add as many or as few as you would like. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Repsol667, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the food log options with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.