Premium family plan or family discount

I had 2 charger 3 in my fam, and of a few days i have  2 versa - that is 4 users. Am I supposed to pay for premium features 4 times?! No way! Even if i pull kids in, not every model is eligible! I want my whole family to be under one, and have a serious price break!  I think a family should be able to share one program or have a much better price and the ability to share one family plan! If you insist on removing functionality - even though it's all calculated from our data - at least set an approachable price on it!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

37 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gtokarsk. This is a fantastic idea and I'm sure others will love to opt for a Premium family plan or family discount so everybody enjoys the Premium experience. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

TessCu
Recovery Runner

Yes this would be great!

Similar to how Spotify does $12.99 for premium, however the family plan is $17.99 and can allow up to 5 users.

SmokeyDom
First Steps

Just wanted to support this idea... I’ve got a Fitbit and I am buying my wife one for Christmas. Was looking for a premium family/household account but presume it doesn’t exist yet

gtokarsk
Jogger

Thx guys! I appreciate the support! Hope we push it trough! Tell your friends - we need the upvotes! 😉

gemcar
First Steps

Thanks, guys I'm a senior and bought this watch thinking I could keep a watch on my heart rate just to find out that I have to pay for it each month. I'm on a limited income and can't afford it so I have a Fitbit I cant use for the purpose if bought it for. NOWHERE did it say I had to pay a perception for it before I bought it.

cfulmor
First Steps

A family plan should have been a no-brainer!  I understand Fitbit is in the business to make money but, in my case, paying $240.00 for my household for an internet based exercise program?!?! I think not.  My family YMCA membership does not even cost that much.

Please bump the priority of this suggestion.

gemcar
First Steps
I agree got this to monitor my heart. Didnt say i had to pay for plain am 68 years old and thought this was a good deal boy was i worng
Cynkel72
First Steps

I too agree that it would be a great idea to have a family premium plan, as others like myself and my husband are retired on a fixed income so this would greatly help. We just got our Versa 2's for Christmas to get healthy and hope Fitbit can see the benefit in offering this. Thanks.

JMSV
First Steps

I too agree with a family premium plan. In our family, we currently own a Versa 2 and Charge 3, and I find it too pricey to pay for two premium subscriptions.

Cynkel72
First Steps
Let's hope enough people feel the same and Fitbit changes the policy.
A-mission
First Steps

Family plan - can’t believe users need to suggest & get enough engagement for Fitbit to take the idea into consideration for something that’s a basic options for most online subscription serviceS (Spotify, apple etc etc) 

To the Fitbit premium team .. “time to move”

Willi61
First Steps

I agree there needs to be a family plan for premium. Would really like to see this done quickly. 

gtokarsk
Jogger

I totally agree with the user post from the 16th, this should not even be something for users to request and vote on - it should be a standard idea that Fitbit just works in as industry-standard.... pretty crazy that we actually had to suggest it... but perhaps there are internal reasons that we do not know of.. especially with the whole google acquisition and so on.... Just hope they make it so some time soon.

misterlas
First Steps

I would like to add my request as well for this feature.  We currently use family accounts on most monthly services we subscribe to, and this would be a great feature for Fitbit to add.

JimLF
Recovery Runner

Great Idea - Go for it FitBit, you'll get me signing up for premium if there is a family option.  Just as an addition, perhaps levels of Premium would be helpful.  I really only want the detailed sleep analysis of the premium service (for the entire family).  The current cost for a single user is prohibitive for just this function!

TeRobson
First Steps

Please fix this Fitbit. My husband just got a new Versa 2 and I thought nothing more than there would be an option to upgrade to a "Family Premium". Can't believe we are having to ask for such a basic function!

ddwilburn
First Steps

Wow! So Fitbit DOESN'T offer a Premium Family Plan. I can't believe that isn't a thing. Come in Fitbit, get with the times!

Trevor1381
First Steps

It would be amazing to be able to purchase a family plan for premium instead of individual for myself and the wife and kids 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Trevor1381, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback being able to purchase a Premium family plan. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

shanrae83
First Steps

Please add this functionality! 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone. Thanks for sharing this request about having a Family plan or discount for Fitbit Premium. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Daisycocoa
First Steps
I would like a family plan for fitbit premium as in my family we have 5 different accounts
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Daisycocoa. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have a family plan for Premium with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

StormyDLoA
Jogger
I would like to have the option of adding other fitbit accounts to my premium account. Rather than pay two separate subscriptions it would be better to have 1 subscription for both accounts.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @StormyDLoA. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a Premium Family plan with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.