Provide changelogs for firmware and Fitbit app updates

Fitbit is currently going on this trend, where companies, instead of telling their users what actually changed in an update, just tell them "mmh, yes, we did some BUG FIXES and IMPROVEMENTS". This is quite upsetting, because you don't know what kind of Pandora's Box you send onto your tracker as a firmware update.

I suggest to:

• Retroactively provide proper changelogs for the last two Charge 3 updates that have just been labelled as
    "This release includes bug fixes and improvements."
  • Continue to provide proper changelogs in the future.

As a software developer, I am a strong believer in the need for users to know their software is doing - especially when that piece of software is what could make or break a device that launched for $149.95, which is the price a lot of people have purchased it for.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner , thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. I hope it will get many votes.

F.Fletch
Recovery Runner

Excellent idea. Would love to see it.

Jefferies2024
Base Runner
When Fitbit app update, it would be nice to tell the end user what is new in the update? on the App Store or Google play.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jefferies2024, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about providing change-logs when releasing new updates for the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.