Provide notification of irregular HR Fitbit Sense

For the Sense, provide notification for irregular heart beat in addition to low and high heart beat. An irregular heart rate might provide a hint of Afib and allow an ECG test to be conducted. The Apple watch already offers this feature. The Fitbit Sense must follow suit to stay competitive.
5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @flroots, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to receive a notification from Fitbit Sense when tracking irregular heart beating. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

GuyBoggan
Jogger

Agree this would add such a nice metric whilst also being easy to implement too - given the hardware and 24/7 monitoring are already in place

mjdmaine
Runner

I was part of the Heart study and they were able to detect irregular heart rates, particularly AFib, when I was wearing my Inspire HR. I see no reason why if they could do that in the study then they should be able to do so with an algorithm built in to the Sense.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My friend has a heart problem and bought the Sense watch.  Recently he looked at his watch and his heart rate was dangerously high, without symptoms.  He immediately went to the ER.  The watch needs to alert you if you are in a danger zone!  You shouldn't have to look at the watch, especially if you are sleeping and have a health issue.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on select Fitbit devices including the Sense. You can find more details here: How do Fitbit Irregular Rhythm Notifications check for atrial fibrillation (AFib)?

@flroots, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.