Put the same features on all platforms (Fitbit.com vs. Fitbit app Android-iOS)

I use the Android app and the fitbit.com website, and it's frustrating that the feature content is different between these interfaces. For example, I get "sleep score" in the app but not on the website. I can use the app to change the clockface on my Inspire HR but not to change between 12 and 24 hour mode - I have to do this via the website. There are probably other differences that I haven't discovered yet. Any chance of a unified requirements specification? Update details.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

45 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It is very confusing that the dashboard accessed from a computer and from the phone app looks so similar but has different features. And to compound the confusion, the dashboard on a computer looks the same but has different features when accessed from www.fitbit.com and from Fitbit Connect app. For example, the phone has SYNC NOW (or auto sync) in settings, but the computer does not; the phone has a monthly calendar with exercise checkmarks and the computer dashboard does not. The computer has Data Export and it looks like the phone does not (or it's hard to find it)

Please just make the dashboard the same no matter how you access it--whether from a phone, a desktop, from fitbit.com or from fitbit connect.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. That would be interesting to have. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

OmuGuy
Recovery Runner

I have voted for this, but I also think the computer app interface could be leveraged to show more information than the restricted space on a phone. The graphs could have more precise and defined scales. 
Right now, what I really don't like is not being able to click on the HR field on the computer interface and see the all-day graphs.
All the computer shows is daily variation in resting HR. 
I find it more motivating to see in more detail just what difference it makes to HR to do some stair climbing. 
Overall, while I find the information that is presented does have a positive effect on my behaviour,

I am often often disappointed with the FitBit user experience.
There are so many idiocies,

the main one of which is the inability to turn off step monitoring when it would falsely record activity, such as when driving.
The next time I take an elevator, I will check to see if stair climbing is falsely reported.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the same features on Fitbit Dashboards using different platforms! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Tiffhike1234
Jogger

I will cross post it's on the android platform but the IOS is far superior in the data that it shows then the android In regards to the heart rate and zones.Developers should look to make improvements to make the 2 platforms equal. I recently switched to an android from an iPhone and it I'm extremely disappointed in my Fitbit. The colors have changed and you can no longer see where you're resting heart rate lies on the graph.Resting is not Shown and in blue for resting , everything is showing in yellow regardless of the zone. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tiffhike1234, this is a good idea. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

mortonboots
Recovery Runner

Resting heart rate (RHR) is derived from a person's average sleeping heart rate.

My sleep score is negatively affected each night because my sleeping heart rate is higher than my resting heart rate, for the most part, each night.  How is it possible that my sleeping heart rate is mostly higher than my resting heart rate each night if, in fact, RHR is derived from avg sleeping heart rate?  I do not drink caffeine, alcohol and I have no illness nor a stressy lifestyle.  I get in bed with a book at 9pm and average 7.5 hrs sleep/night.  My sleep score is often in the 60s and 70s due to my high sleeping heart rate.

why can't I find any information about this phenomenon on the fitbit website?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see the same information about sleep feature in all platforms. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Hugo1
Recovery Runner
Because there are no great apps to look at fitbit data on IPad/Mac i often use the web dashboard. But i dont like the design of it. Some pages look very modern while some looks like they havent been redesigned for years. Let the dashboard reflect the design of the fitbit app, but with more data.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Hugo1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to redesign and put the same features on all platforms (Fitbit.com vs. Fitbit app). Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

jusebochs
Jogger
I have been on the Fitbit platform for about 8 years. I love it. However, in that time I've watched the web portal to my data fragment in both design and quality. With modern tools like VueJS/React/Angular(gross) I don't understand why Fitbit's web presence hasn't been brought into the modern era.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jusebochs, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see same features on all platforms (Fitbit.com vs. Fitbit app). Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

insid3r
Jogger

Same request. The information is already stored somewhere on Fitbit databases, don't know what's the difficult in displaying it on the Fitbit website. I really want this feature to be implemented as soon as possible.

LR_
First Steps
Hello all,

Be able to see the heart rate logs on the web app
Be able to see sleeping heart rate and estimated oxygen variation on the web app
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LR_, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the same information and features available on the Fitbit app and website with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

charleskn
Distance Runner
It would be great if the web dashboard had the same features as the mobile app. There are many mobile app features, graphs, etc that are just not available in the web dashboard.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @charleskn, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the same features and options on both the Fitbit app and fitbit.com dashboard with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SigHillDude
Base Runner
I am now stuck in the mode of using 3 different platforms to be able to get the most from my Fitbit, none of them being very good. I saw discussion of exporting data in the community but I have found no way on any platform. My PC interface should be new as it links to your server. what works on IOS doesn't on Android and visa versa.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SigHillDude, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see same features in all platforms of Fitbit. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

nasacpa
Tempo Runner
With the latest metrics available, why can't these be accessed thru the Dashboard?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @nasacpa, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see same features on all platforms Fitbit.com and Fitbit app Android-iOS). I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

IanDavid
First Steps
I want the data on my mobile to match that to online but sleep score is only on the mobile. Please amend!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @IanDavid, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the same data and features available on both the Fitbit app and online dashboard with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

dsecureh
First Steps
Just add the daily sleep score to dashboard info.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.