Re-enable the ability to store music on Versa and Versa 2

as a new versa 2 owner I am disappointed to see that the ability to transfer music from my computer to versa 2 has been removed. I am now forced to pay an additional subscription to an app that I have never used.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

44 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi, thanks for sharing this product feedback about restoring the music transfer feature to the Versa 2 with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

QUEEN_SHORTY
Jogger

I'm about to smash my versa 2 with a hammer. If I can't add music there's no point in having it because all it does is count steps & track heart rate. I HATE FITBIT 😒

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @QUEEN_SHORTY - for some reason Fitbit disabled adding any onboard music on all it's watches as of end March 2023.

So you will need to look at other brands. If you like long battery life also, then have a look at the Garmin Venu 2 Plus which has a full range of features as well.

fromannoodles
First Steps

Just adding my voice to this request. Pretty shady to be removing features from your devices if I'm being honest, the Versa 2 is essentially just a pedometer at this point. Even if you don't want to support the windows app or the feature anymore, At least let people continue using the final version of the app, instead of deleting it from the internet. Fitbit used to differentiate themselves with features like this; and the devices hold up so well it's a shame to make all these things ewaste. Kind of feels like they're selling devices on marketing alone these days. It's just frustrating man

Bmason202
First Steps

Transferring my own music on the Versa 2 was one of the main reasons I went with this watch . We should have the option of individually choosing  to keep it or not  but not to have the decision made for us when at the time of purchase we were not advised that we could / would  lose that app at any time . 

Rohitbisht777
First Steps

I bought Versa 2 just to have music while running. It was 03 times costly then most products available in market. I bought coj I just love Fitbit. Now the issue is : 

WHY U REMOVED MUSIC FEATURE “Can’t download songs further”

Who gave this idea ????? Everyone who is running never want to carry phone with them 

Pls enable this feature at once or you will be seeing vertical drop in sales 

Gausen
First Steps

I still have the original Versa 2 box, it's amazing to read "Store & Play Music" on it now that it's impossible to do. Please act as a serious company and honor the functionality that drove your customers to buy your product.

LionelHutz
Jogger

This was available before October 2022 (so, no new development is required).

The watch (Versa 3) can connect to a headset, it has a music app, but is not possible to upload music to it, which is just silly.

meeeep
Jogger

i completely agree, I just bought the Versa 2 and was excited to download music onto it and not have to rely on the device being connected to my phone. I don't understand why they would remove a feature for a device built to include local music storage. When I open music control it tells me to go onto the -media section of the Fitbit mobile app and I spent ages looking for that section- the device was built to allow music to be downloaded, I don't understand why they would remove it

Dovahkiin444
First Steps

This needs to be done! I can't even get the desktop app anymore even if I wanted to! The Desktop app needs to be brought back, or they need to enable transferring music from your phone. Either way it needs to get fixed!!

Gausen
First Steps

Adding packaging images for reference. Honor what was advertised.

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0837.jpeg

JhnPlrm
Jogger

Apparently this won't get fixed. I don't blame Fitbit. Never buying a Google product again. Was thinking about getting a Pixel phone but not anymore. Will tell everyone I know about the decision to remove this feature.

Bmason202
First Steps
I'm so done with fit bit
xian
Jogger

It was a steep learning curve just to load our music onto our devices in the first place, but at least Fitbit made it possible. Music subscription is a ridiculous workaround when the very purpose of a Fitbit is to actively leave your home base and not bring along a phone. We already paid hundreds of dollars for a functioning device and we paid for our music. Abandoning advertised features is abandoning your customers, and in turn your customers will abandon your platform for others that continue to support those features.

Roberta31
First Steps

I just want to be able to see my heart rate while I listen to music and dance on the beach. Oh, and I'd like to be able to tell the time and not have to take the watch off when I go into the water. Is that too much to ask? Apparently is was not when I bought the Versa 2. Unfortunately after a year or two, I was no longer able to update the music.  WHAT!?!  Would you please restore the original capabilities that you promised when I bought your product?! 

dtrenalone
First Steps

So I bought my versa 2 in July 2022, transferred music to it, and loved that feature. I could pair my earbuds directly with the watch and listen to music while I work out without carrying a heavy/bulky phone in my pocket. Everything was great for 1.5 years of listening to the same music. Then today I decide: "Hey, I'd like to change some of my workout songs" and find out that feature has been removed. And it was removed over a year ago. So in less than 3 months of owning this watch one of the greatest features of it was removed.

I buy the music that I listen to. I don't do subscriptions. So the removal of that feature is a large black mark against continuing to use fitbit. 

Any reasoning that I've heard about why that feature was removed doesn't make sense. It's a simple file transfer, a protocol that is the backbone of any electronic device. The only reason I can think of that it would be removed is that fitbit made a deal with spotify and deezer to try to force people to buy subscriptions (AKA: GREED)

I was seriously looking at getting the Versa 4, thinking it would also have the feature to transfer and store music. But from what I've read, it never had that feature to begin with (it only ever could get music through the subscription service)

I'm currently in the market for a new watch and unless this is fixed before I buy one, I will not be getting another fitbit.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @dtrenalone - the onboard music feature on all Fitbit watches was retroactively removed in 2023 and the newer Versa 4/Sense 2 have no builtin music ability at all or any additional apps. No reason was given but it looks like Google is phasing watches with good battery life..

As Fitbit have just discontinued the onboard music feature it certainly won't be coming back. Other brands offer full music support though.

carce
First Steps

I have spent over an hour tryin g to figure out why I cannot play my music. I am getting ready to leave for a trip out of country and wanted to be able to play ,music form my Versa 2 so not to use my phone's data. I will also be in remote areas where Wifi connectivity will be an issue. I have not music playing option now. You need to bring back the MUSIC storage capability. That was one of the best features from when I purchased my first fit bit Versa .

Roberta31
First Steps
In response to your post, that feature has been removed from the Fitbit Versa 2. That’s why I just bought an Apple watch (2 I think) for $275 without cellular. I downloaded my music onto the watch. Now I can play music without my phone.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.