Re-enable the ability to store music on Versa and Versa 2

as a new versa 2 owner I am disappointed to see that the ability to transfer music from my computer to versa 2 has been removed. I am now forced to pay an additional subscription to an app that I have never used.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

44 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Stewart.K, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about re-enabling the ability to store music on your Versa 2 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Parthasarathy_R
First Steps

I second this suggestion by Mr.Stewart.K @Stewart.K . It was one of the very useful features for poor chaps like ourselves who cannot or would not want to pay for an additional music app subscription. Additionally, in many countries these two apps suggested by Fitbit (Deezer and Pandora) are not available for subscription. When I purchased Fitbit Versa 2, one of the biggest features that I factored in was its ability to allow me to play personal music and podcasts from my library without having to carry my mobile phone everywhere. Now that that is gone, my Fitbit Versa 2 is nearly half as useful to me. I will definitely not buyr another Fitbit device ever and advice as many people as I can, not to go for Fitbit wearables. Thanks to the Moderator anyway for being positive about this.

shersantos
First Steps

I came to write about this, because its ridiculous that the update music feature can only be accessed through computer, and now Fitbit connect has been removed.

akanbie
First Steps

I got the versa 2 just so I would have the ability to download my own music, and now Fitbit has taken that away. I definitely will not buy Fitbit again if the only option they give is to buy subscriptions and the need to use it with a phone. So frustrating!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @akanbie, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to downloads your personal music on your Versa 2 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SarahCass
First Steps

I would also love to see the personal music app re-enabled on the Versa 2. The reason I bought my Fitbit was to play music. I run a business providing music and sensory classes and parties for preschool children and it was so handy to be able to play music via my watch and Bluetooth speaker. I am so frustrated that I can't do this now. I will have to carry my laptop around with me as I cannot use my phone in some of the venues I visit due to safeguarding rules and you cannot get i-pods Nanos anymore (which I used to use) before mine broke. I am really frustrated now that I cannot play music. I don't want to stream via Spotify; I want to play the music files I already own. Please please bring this feature back. 

FitbitUser205
First Steps
Please bring back the feature allowing people to upload their own music. I'm so sick of companies trying to force monthly subscriptions. I will NEVER purchase a monthly music subscription. I have everything I need and I'll never be purchasing another Fitbit again because you don't allow people to upload their own music.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FitbitUser205, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bring back the ability to store your own music on your Fitbit device with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Shashvat
First Steps
You guys need to bring back the music sharing (FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW : They discontinued the desktop app and the music transfer feature along with it!) feature so that we can transfer songs to our respective devices. I dont even know why would you remove such a huge and important feature.
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Shashvat - the need is understood by the user community but Fitbit is going in a different direction and removing all offline music support by end March 2023, so this will not happen and if it is a requirement you need to look elsewhere rather than hoping.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shashvat, thanks for sharing this suggestion about bringing back the ability to store music on your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

DevSingh_11
First Steps
I am really annoyed at the fact that in October 2022, Fitbit removed the feature to download music directly onto the Fitbit Versa 2 and other devices and this previous music feature was the only reason I bought my Fitbit (Versa 2). To listen to music whilst working out... Please can Fitbit bring this feature back, and soon.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DevSingh_11, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the ability to store music on the Versa and Versa 2 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

FERNSNZ
First Steps
Please bring back the offline music download to the versa 2 and 3. This was a much loved feature by many as it meant you could play your music without having internet/mobile phone access.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FERNSNZ, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the music storage feature with us. I found two similar ideas already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

t_vet
First Steps

I am beyond angry that FitBit discontinued music storage on the Versa 2 when it has been a feature all along. My heart rate monitor died on my Versa 2 and it was of course 1.5 years old so not under warranty. I bought a new one and tried to put my music onto the watch. After many hours and multiple phone calls, I learned FitBit decided to stop supporting music downloads on the Versa 2, which was a known feature and was even listed on the website 2 weeks ago and is still listed in stores.

I decided to return the new watch as it is useless now for what I use it for (workouts without my phone). I was just going to use my old watch for workouts and deal with not having the heart rate tracker but FitBit had me factory reset it when we were trouble shooting the heart rate monitor and now all my music is gone! Since they discontinued music transfer, I can't put it back on! Completely unacceptable FitBit!

Beckye
Recovery Runner
As so many others have stated, bring back the ability to transfer personal music to the Fitbit devices. This was the feature that made my decision to buy a Fitbit Versa instead of a Samsung Galaxy.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Beckye, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back the ability to transfer music to the Versa and Versa 2 with us . I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

silverkms66
First Steps

having music downloaded on my versa 2 was the only reason i bought the watch. super frustrated they not only removed the ability to add music but to listen to the music already stored.  that would have been the right thing to do versus taking all music away.  very disappointed.  will not buy another fitbit if this option is no longer offered.

Sazsimm
First Steps

I am shocked to discover today (11.04.23) that uploading my music to my fitbit Versa 2 is now a disabled feature. My decision process when buying a watch was the music playback feature so that I could time my run and play music at the same time, avoiding the need to take out multiple devices. So Fitbit, for whatever ridiculous reason you made for removing this rather necessary 'sport' and 'fun' feature you have just lost a repeat customer. Any company that removes enjoyment from a consumers experience deserves to lose loyal customers to companies that do.....so Apple watch here I come! 

dehokie83
First Steps

Wholeheartedly agree! The ability to listen to my own music was the primary reason I purchased this model post ionic recall.  What a terrible decision by fitbit to remove this feature.   Very very disappointed!

Nateek
First Steps

Only 33 votes, but if I could I'd vote 4000 times to bump this same thing up. Looks like an Apple watch is in my future. 

Sharkbait310
First Steps
PLEASE put back the abililitu to download music on our Versa 2 watches again. So disappointed that this AWESOME feature stopped. Our family members have been using Versa 2 watches faithfully and love this model watch and it's many useable features-especially the music download option..
joasdfjkladfs
First Steps
I purchased a versa 2 because I used my old one for music storage, and it was advertised as having music storage capabilities. The device prompts you to initiate the process of transferring music, but the process goes nowhere. This is a disappointing bait-and-switch, and I will be returning the device.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sharkbait310, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the ability to store music on the Versa 2. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.