Recalculate Outdoor Bike calories when user manually adds the distance information

The user can add the distance information to an Outdoor Bike exercise activity by editing the activity in the FitBit app, but unfortunately the calorie count is not recalculated.  Please allow the user to trigger the recalculation of the calories by adding the distance information.

Background:

Fitbit does a great job of automatically recognizing my Outdoor Bike activity time.  However, the resulting calorie count is not accurate.  For example, my standard bike commute route can show up anywhere from 35 to 150 calories even though my time to ride that route is fairly consistent.  My current workaround is to look at the start time and duration of my bike ride after it has been recorded, and then manually add a biking activity including the distance, which covers exactly the same time period.  That way I get a fairly consistent calorie estimate and my heart rate and other statistics during that exercise are preserved.  Why can't I get that same recalculated calorie estimate by simply adding the distance information to the original Outdoor Bike activity?  It's a lot of trouble to replace the automatically recognized Outdoor Bike activity with a manually entered activity every time I ride.

2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.