Reduced/eliminated bezels

It would be great if the bezels on the smartwatches could be smaller (totally removed!).  Instead of needing room for the "Fitbit" on the screen of the ionic it could be moved down to either the metal part on the top or bottom. 

Larger screens would be helpful for:

A) fitting more on the screen for apps

B) putting a bigger font for those with bad eyes or if one is exercising

?
12 Comments
Bcwaley
First Steps

Please  make a new fit bit  small enough for women with small frames,  that track heart rate,  have music controls,  and don’t bubble out so deeply on the bottom of the watch face.  I haven’t been able to find one that tracks heart rate but doesn’t bubble out so much that it cuts off circulation on parts of my hand and wrist;  and I don’t keep it tight either! 

Moderator edit: Topic

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Cantryboy! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Andrew_D
Recovery Runner
@Cantryboywrote:

It would be great if the bezels on the smartwatches could be smaller (totally removed!).  Instead of needing room for the "Fitbit" on the screen of the ionic it could be moved down to either the metal part on the top or bottom. 

Larger screens would be helpful for:

A) fitting more on the screen for apps

B) putting a bigger font for those with bad eyes or if one is exercising

I completely agree! The reason I didn't get the Ionic was due to the fact the logo took up the most space! Great idea! Maybe a change if there is an Ionic 2?

bcbakerun
Base Runner

Having a 2nd option: removing the bezels and not making the screen any larger -- then the watch might better fit we skinny-wristed people.  But I can understand some people wanting more screen.  It would be nice to solve both issues.

nmo9
Runner

Agree with @bcbakerun! Would like an option for smaller wrists. I'm interested to see if the Versa is too big for me. Crossing my fingers that it works!

sarah_lin8
Hill Runner

@bcbakerun @nmo9, agreed, I would like the screen to be from edge to edge because you can fit the Fitbit logo elsewhere. I would also like to see another option for skinnier wrists too because my wrist is about 5.15 inches. The AW has a smaller size option.

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

Click Here to Vote for Low Power Mode!

Kael
Recovery Runner

Just food for thought, but the logo probably wasn't the reason for the large bezel, it was likely put there because they had space on it.

They're likely using a standardized screen size (cheaper to produce with off the shelf components), I know because I've used screens of this exact size before. Having a custom screen size is expensive and shrinking the bezel to fit that screen requires they lose something on the inside, like battery size.

It's a delicate balancing act between the bill of materials, manufacturability, and available features. If going to smaller bezels raises the cost $50 per unit but only appeals to a small subset of users (I personally don't care), it's not worth doing as many users will be more turned-off by the higher cost. They're designing to a price point. As components get cheaper / smaller with time, they can get more creative with the design. It wasn't too long ago that smart watches were huge.

amypizzafatface
First Steps

I think for, like i dont know, the next fit-bit smartwatch, i think it should have less bezels for the screen to be bigger. Also I think the next fit-bit or something should have a customizable interface that we can set on our devices. Customizable as in like our photos or something. 

Moderator edit: Format.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @amypizzafatface! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @amypizzafatface.

I will be merging this suggestion to: Reduced/eliminated bezels. Be sure to vote for the customizable clock faces suggestion if you have the time.

Thanks for participating!

Bc99
Jogger

I had a Charge 2, and the bezels were grossly oversized. Fast-forward to now where I have a Versa, and I think the bezels are just okay, but could be slimmed down and more screen added.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone! Thanks for taking the time to show your support for this great idea. Let me share with you that the newest Fitbit Versa 2 screen is a little larger and the bezel is smaller with the 'Fitbit' word now on the back of the pebble. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.