Remake the messaging system like a typical SMS interface

All I'm asking for is a typical SMS like interface, where you can scroll up to see what you and the other person previously said, and it feels very natural. It might also be nice to add things like sharing a goal or picture personally with a person, but this is a bonus, all I need is something more intuitive and usable.

Okay. I'm gonna be honest. The Fitbit messaging system is the worst messaging system I have ever encountered. There are programs made in Batch by 9-year-olds that use only text and LAN connections that are better than the system currently in place. It's not even a difficult thing to do, so I'm not sure why it's the way it is. In case you haven't encountered this monstrosity of failure, here are some issues.

#1 - 100 character limit per message.

Is this a joke? What would the reasoning behind this even be? (my next issue brushes on the answer.) To have an actual conversation with somebody I have to send them 3 different messages in a row!

#2 - Notification-like messages.

Essentially, you only see what was sent to you via the small notification-like box. This is ridiculous as it's like an emailing platform, but without ANY need! I have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out who is replying to what, which brings me to my next point,

#3 - Absolute confusion and chaos!

The core issue here is that you cannot view what you said. When someone replies with "Yes!" 6 days after you sent them the message... things get pretty confusing. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @noblesuntzu! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that two of the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Missie0201
First Steps

When are we going to be able to view pictures text or emoji's on the sense without having to open text on phone.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.