Remember position in Fitbit App Gallery when browsing apps/clock faces

Hi all!

It would be really useful if there would be a dedicated section in the app gallery for recently added/updated apps and clock faces.

Also, when checking out a specific clock face in detail and returning to the list of faces, the list always jumps back to the first face, rather than remembering the position. I have to scroll down all the way to continue browsing.

That's all, love you guys, love the Ionic!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

16 Comments
tylam2
Jogger

I'm running iOS 11.2.1 on iPhone X, Fitbit App 2.44.2 (739), Ionic 31.1.16

When I click on an app to read about it or install it and then return back to the listing of all apps, I am directed back to the top of the list of apps. I then have to scroll back down through all the apps to get back to where I was previous. Please fix it so that when you return back to the list of apps, you return to spot you were at when you clicked on an app.

As more apps are added to the store, going back to the top of the list each time you click to read about an app will become even more frustrating. Thanks

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AmirCys thanks for these suggestions. In the spirit of streamlining suggestions, one of your suggestions already exists, so please vote here to have new apps/clock faces highlighted in the gallery. I've renamed your suggestion to reflect the remaining idea and will pass that onto the team. Thanks!

abhi.saxena
Jogger

Whenever I search for an app or clockface on the the Fitbit app gallery, click on one to explore and then comeout of that specific watch face, it takes me back to the first app/watch face on the list rather than staying on the one I clicked. This makes it difficult to scroll because everytime you will have to start from top of the list instead of where you left the last time

This is a small coding correction, please look into it.

Harboe
Runner

Agreed. Quite annoying it's starts from the top, every time you check an app or a clockface.

jeremyville
First Steps

Absolutely. It actually stops me checking some apps or faces out further because of having to scroll all the way back to where I was up to.

Please fix.

JayJay_de
Base Runner

Yes ... also one of the things which could be not user friendly :$

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Definitely an issue!

@abhi.saxenawrote:

Whenever I search for an app or clockface on the the Fitbit app gallery, click on one to explore and then comeout of that specific watch face, it takes me back to the first app/watch face on the list rather than staying on the one I clicked. This makes it difficult to scroll because everytime you will have to start from top of the list instead of where you left the last time

This is a small coding correction, please look into it.

Chri84
Jogger

YES!

Would be nice to have "five last used" clock faces or something as well so one can switch quickly between favourites. Or favourite feature so if you favourite clock faces a new category shows up. Or a search feature so one can take notes of the names of the ones one likes and search for them later.

WinthropDC
Base Runner

Whenever looking in the Clock or Apps gallery, when you come back from looking at the details of a particular Clock or App you are always returned to the top of the list and have to scroll down to where you were... if you can remember.

Please go back to the position in the list showing the just closed item at the top of the list.

This behaviour is the same in the Windows and Android apps.

David

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @WinthropDC !

Taggs
Recovery Runner

Better yet, let us sort the apps by various criteria (newest, most popular, alphabetically, etc.). 

I get so lost even with these few apps, I rarely bother to look for new ones .

tylam2
Jogger

@

Can we get this fixed please? It is ridiculous that this has not been taken care of yet. How do you expect customers to take this company seriously if a simple task of remembering your last position in the App / Clock Face gallery can not be fixed? This is amateur programming. Are your Apps going to be this amateurish? That is the feeling I get every time I check out an app in the gallery and I have to scroll down to my last position. Every single Fitbit employee should be embarrassed. 

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AmirCys and commenters, thanks for sharing this idea which has now been release! We hope you enjoy easier exploration of the app and clock face Fitbit gallery 🙂

Harboe
Runner

Nice @LizFitbit. Now I might start looking for new apps and clock faces again. Thanks for the information.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Great @Harboe!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@AlexandraFitbit this has been released. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.