Reminders to drink and auto-log with check feature if goal is reached

Similar to the Get Moving feature, there needs to be one for water intake. Set a daily goal and frequency, but auto-log with check feature after consuming.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

62 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GerryBridgnell. Thank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. Let us explain that there is already a water tile in the Fitbit app that allows you to set a daily goal, log your water intake and track your progress. If you have a Premium membership, you can set health and wellness reminders to drink water throughout the day.

If this isn't what you're referring to, please reply with more detail or specifics on how this idea would work or what problem this is trying to solve. We look forward to your response.

GerryBridgnell
First Steps

Hi there, I'm aware of that tile and functionality. What needs to change is the manual requirement. This should be created a

GerryBridgnell
First Steps

Hi there, I'm aware of that tile and functionality. What needs to change is the manual requirement. This should be created as an automated reminder based on whether the user has logged water or not. 

GerryBridgnell
First Steps

I'll explain further...

Currently the step counter allows the user to indicate their intended daily steps. With that it has a minder in place to remind the user to walk based on x-amount of remaining steps in the hour. Based on completion of these steps in that hour, the Fitbit auto-logs the 250 steps for that hour, and applies them to the accumulative steps in the day (as you should already know).

Similarly, I want there to be a water indicator. It vibrates to indicate x-amount of water has not been logged every couple hours. User goes to consume and then taps a check-mark on the watch indicating that the cup or bottle or however much (based on their water settings) has been consumed.

Lets make this a thing!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GerryBridgnell. Thanks for clarifying that you'd like to have reminders to drink water and an auto-log feature to check after reaching your goal with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

midnigh
Jogger

I'm currently testing 4 different habit tracking apps (from play store) and 2 of them have a push notification that notifies me to drink water several times a day and the ability to add one glass of water at a time.  My Charge 2 doesn't have that option.  I really wish Fitbit would incorporate more "habit" reminders than they currently offer and I'd be DELIGHTED to pay for premium. I'll have my Fitbit Versa 3 end of the week and I look forward to re-investigating what Fitbit has to offer...currently I'm also using My Fitness Pal because the food logging portion is superior to Fitbits...would be nice to have it all in one app but I do love my Fitbit tracking devices and I'm grateful that MFP & Fitbit, communicate.

ashreemay
First Steps

Instead of just a little quote that shows when you swipe up on the clock face, I would prefer the reminder to alert me like the reminders to move. Maybe instead of 10 minutes before the hour like the move reminder, it could alert on the hour or ten minutes after.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Guy_
Space Racer

HI @ashreemay  - for Versa and Sense watches try different clock faces from the Gallery, such as SimpleClockPro which has drink reminders and multiple move reminders directly on the watch face and configurable with it's own settings, it may give you exactly what you want.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ashreemay, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having an hydration reminder notification on your Fitbit device with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Compmoms
Jogger

I’d like to see this on the Charge 5. 

Fowad
First Steps

We need this in this life water reminder is very important hopefully we see this on all the fitbit devices 

YellahsComet
First Steps

Yes please make a water reminder. I had surgery and it would be extremely beneficial to have a reminder to drink my water. I struggle with meeting my water goal everyday and having a notification populate to assist me in making sure I stay hydrated would be so amazing. 

YvonneSG
First Steps

I would also like to see this on all products. Hydration is so important!

KKsadvices
First Steps

I would love to have a reminder on my watch for drinking water. I often forget to drink, and if my fit bit sense could remind be to do so, it would improve my drinking habit enormously.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KKsadvices, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding water intake reminders to Fitbit devices with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @-lil-, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding water intake reminders to the Charge 5. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Guy_
Space Racer

I use the SimpleClockPro watch face which has an adjustable water reminder on a Versa or Sense watch.

-lil-
Recovery Runner

Thanks, @Guy_, for the hint. 🙂 Unfortunately it's not available for the Charge 5, which I use. 

Kmcq814
First Steps
Please bring back the hydration reminder! So many people want this and the apps you can download do not work half the time!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mortonboots, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding water reminders. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

MisterMarcoo
Recovery Runner

Nice suggestion, I do have a workaround for you:

Install the Android app 'water drink reminder'. Maybe it's also on ios. Set it up as you want and you will get hourly reminders for instance. Then in your Fitbit device settings choose this app under the notifications and it will pop up on your device.

I have a charge 5 and use exactly this set up.

Naturally, I'd rather just use the Fitbit app, but this is working in the meantime.

-lil-
Recovery Runner

Thanks for the workaround suggestion @MisterMarcoo - that was too easy 😅

kashiichan
Jogger

I'd love to get water reminders (similar vibration to the move reminders), perhaps with the ability to set the frequency? (eg. every 15/30/45/60mins) I'm not particularly interested in tracking how much water I drink.

EDIT: I use the Charge 4.

kashiichan
Jogger

@LizzyFitbitHonestly, it's a bit ridiculous that hydration reminders are locked inside the Premium membership. Every human needs water, just like every human needs to move. Why is water more "premium" than movement?

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @kashiichan - if you had a Versa 1, 2, 3 or Sense you could use the SimpleClockPro watch face which has both water and move reminders configurable on the watch..

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.