Reminders to drink and auto-log with check feature if goal is reached

Similar to the Get Moving feature, there needs to be one for water intake. Set a daily goal and frequency, but auto-log with check feature after consuming.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

65 Comments
john.12345
First Steps

I would like to see this on my Charge 5. Please consider including an option to not wake me if I’m sleeping even if it’s a scheduled time.

Stationlass
Jogger

I also think having regular drink more water reminders set up on the directly onto a Sense watch would be a fantastic idea... especially during heavy exercise days. 

On a sense watch.. would it be also possible to have the timer device available to be used during a long recording run day.. eg I'd like to have facility to add timer onto a long run so to remind myself to " take on board fuel every 20mins or so after an hour"..

An app - for example on Charge 5 - where you can add water intake with just one tap would be great.

And pretty sure nothing really difficult.

Esmeliz
Jogger

Adding support for this idea! ADHD brains like mine woul really benefit. 🙂

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think adding a water reminder on the Sense watch would be beneficial to a lot of people. I'm supposed to drink 80oz of water per day and I ofter forget but if I had a reminder that would really be beneficial for my blood sugar and my hydration. I think that's something you guys should think about producing as an app for people where drinking water slips their mind. 😊

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @SunsetRunner  - thanks for adding your post. On the Sense I use the SimpleClockPro watch face which has an adjustable water reminder, thought it a gimmick at first but actually is very useful.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi Guy_Marathon Racer,

Thanks for sending me the SimpleClockPro watch face. I just downloaded it and I'm going to give it a try. 

Thank you. 

Celley2022
First Steps

I am SO surprised this was not a standard feature when the watch came out, as alot of people struggle with getting enough water

emmavan1990
Jogger

This should be a standard feature - water notifications - please!!!!!

BumpyRoad
Recovery Runner

Please add a drink water reminder probably in the Push Notifications settings.

P.S. > I have a Versa 3 and my clock face is "Easy Read" by Jason Olsen and do not want to use SimpleClockPro. Thanks.

NoviceSenseii
First Steps

A simple but great idea to add Hydration reminders. Would help a lot of people, especially at work. A premium smartwatch like Sense 2 should have it by default. 

Tucker115
First Steps

I agree, for the price of Sense 2 there should definetly be a drink water reminder. Has there been any progress with this?

Cdykhouse
First Steps
Add a hydration reminder to remind my to drink water through the day just line the movement reminder
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cdykhouse, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding reminders to drink water through the day on Fitbit Smartwatches. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Yvonnezella
First Steps
I want the Fitbit to remind me to drink water. I want it to vibrate and sound and a picture or text saying Drink Water
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Yvonnezella, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having water reminders available on your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

kkobi85
Jogger

Fitbit names the Sense 2 as the most advanced health & fitness smartwatch.. But it can't track water intake or notify me to drink.. For a fitness watch should it be a standard function.

Every interested fitness person should know that. Didn't that occur to any Fitbit developers? Please bring this function, it can't be that difficult.

Fitfrat
First Steps

If would be very helpful,  is been suggested a while ago is this something that is being considered?

RebeccaMarci
First Steps
Please let us record our water intake directly on the Luxe (without needing to only do it on the phone app). Like, simply tap to add 8 oz of water. Also make it so we are able to turn on reminders to drink water (the luxe vibrates and shows message). .
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RebeccaMarci, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

tbc2
First Steps
I have ADHD and struggle with remembering to drink water, among many other things. In addition to a water reminder, I would love a function that allows customized reminders, similar to the alarms, but with an added function of setting it up hourly or different time intervals, as well as the option to edit the title.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @tbc2, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Blaz123
First Steps

I miss the option too and I don't understand why it isn't included... (using inspire 2)

goveiac75
First Steps

I think that FitBit should acquire an app like LoseIt and merge their system in to your ecosystem to create a more comprehensive health management suite that would blend well with the FitBit footprint. I have tried apple Watch, Garmin and FitBit and for me you have the superior product however, the FitBit dashboard is in need of a serious investment for dietary tracking. The current food tracking system you have is not well engineered at all.

Dab-123
Base Runner

This is really a no brainer, Fitbit!  Any goal you have should  have a reminder. And customers can choose which one they want to activate. It’s been a year since it’s been made, please take not. You should not need thousands of people requesting a feature since not everyone takes the time to come to this board. Thank you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.