Remove Accidental Weight Loss Badge

***This is not related to Aria scales. 

I incorrectly entered my weight in the log and I was awarded all the associated badges for the "weight loss", even though some of them were physically impossible. I corrected the entry, but the badges remain. I would like to be able to delete badges, or have them removed when the associated entry is changed, or even put in a ticket for support to remove them from the back end. 

Moderator edit: added label

51 Comments

FitBit moderator..... Need to really hit this issue harder and get it fixed.

Similar to others I went to log in my first real weight loss in over a year!  I started my goal with 192# on January 1,2019, was supposed to enter 183# earlier this month but accidentally entered it as 18#! 

FIRST OF ALL....WHY WOULD THAT LOW OF A NUMBER EVEN BE ACCEPTED?  NO ADULT WEIGHS THAT LITTLE! 

Fitbit should have a parameter that sets the lowest possible weight to be allowed entered as 50# maybe.  Or possibly adding a button that suggest you review before hitting enter?

Second, again like many other users that have already chimed in.  Please change it so that any weight logged in and/ or removed also changes your badges.  Or at least let a badge be manually deleted by the user, not by IT.

It is very disheartening because, after all my ups and downs, I finally legitimately earned my very first badge...AND I CAN'T EVEN SHOW IT OFF.  

Please make this a priority to fix.  Per my Cisco engineer brother.. the fix is not hard to do.  

Thanks!

CaliB
Jogger

How pathetic - this thread stared well over a year ago about a feature that used to be available the users on their web accounts but no longer is and nothing has been done it all this time to fix it.

We used to be able to remove these badges ourselves. I'm a web developer, it's not a difficult fix to implement.

Apparently even their chat support people can't help make the corrections and always redirect me to some other support management team to correct these errors ... when they feel like it. I am still waiting to have my badges removed again.

When my current fitbit device stops working I will be replacing it with another brand. This really is pathetic.

CarolynCJ
Jogger

I can see where many others have asked for the ability to reset unearned badges due to one kind of error or another. I even found the suggestion here about this, though it seems to be locked and going nowhere. And the suggestion was not worded well and very difficult to find. It didn't matter as there was no way to vote on it anyway.

I don't understand the value of badge motivation if it is undermined by errors and no way to make things right. People have been asking for several years now and Fitbit does not have the technology to create a fix?

I no longer use the badges feature because it indicates that I have lost every increment of weight up to 90 pounds with a badge for each increment. Sad that I can't actually use the badges to motivate my true weight loss. Not helpful. 

CaliB
Jogger

The really sad part is, we used to be able to delete them ourselves. They removed the option and apparently are either too stupid or don't care enough to put the option back, despite people asking for years now.

BrandyJaquet
Jogger
This exact issue is why I switched to Garmin. If they can't fix the smaller things like this, then I don't see their user support as being worth much.

Brandy Jaquet
MOtt702
Jogger

Yes, I've had the same problem and would like to be able to remove badges awarded accidentally.

P0nd3r
First Steps

I have a few badges I didn't actually earn and one of them is greatly affecting my enjoyment of the app. I accidentally logged my weight wrong in September and got a badge for meeting my goal weight. It's frustrating to see the "Congrats for meeting your goal weight" message when I log my weight when I'm not at my goal weight. Support also told me they were unable to delete the badge for me. It would be beneficial to allow members to delete badges they got awarded by mistake. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @P0nd3r! Great idea. Thanks for explaining why you'd like to have an option to delete the weight badges earned by mistake. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. In line with this, your information was also updated with our Support team and they'll reach you back with more details about your case. Don’t forget to post a comment and click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

freshairwalks
Jogger

Hi Fitbit,

I have read previous comments, and I would also love to delete all my weight loss badges, which have happened from me entering the wrong information, and generally trying to learn how things operate on my dashboard with updates.

I would love to delete these. I'm hoping you can assist me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Aerus
First Steps

Hi Fitbit,

I have reached out to Fitbit customer support and waiting and am waiting back for them to help me deleting all my weight loss badges, which were incorrectly awarded due to accidentally entering the wrong weight by adding a decimal in the wrong place.

As with everyone else I'd like the weight loss badges to be deleted, since I can't do this myself. Please also add back the functionality to allow us to delete badges from our dashboard ourselves.

Thanks

I would love to delete these. I'm hoping you can assist me in this.

Thanks in advance.

Squisheebug
First Steps

I have seen many users face this exact same issue, where the weight loss badges are acquired without actually losing the weight. Either due to an input error, or a child using the smart scale. The badges used to be able to be manually removed, and now that is no longer an option. Please bring this availability back as it is highly inconvenient to have to have a case escalated and wait for a response on such a simple issue.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Squisheebug! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

HealthyChristy
Recovery Runner

I would like to delete old badges, particularly weight loss badges. As someone who has lost and gained many pounds it is a bit defeating to see a large weight loss that isn't current.  Or, if an incorrect weight is entered and loss badges are earned in error.  I believe that this was a feature many years ago and that currently the only way to remove old or incorrect badges is to contact Customer Support.  I would think that Customer Support has more important things to work on than deleting badges.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @HealthyChristy! This is a great suggestion and thanks for explaining why you'd like to have an option to delete weight badges with us! This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post hereThat way we can keep this board organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for.  Don’t forget to add your vote!

Tchristopher
Jogger
Fitbit,
I continue to receive e-mails that tell me the topic already exists, and
the moderator has added the person's comment to the existing topic.
I also saw a moderator's reply in March 2018, that Fitbit was working on
this capability (to remove incorrect weight loss badges). However, it
still has not been fixed. I have seen dozens of complaints about this, and
after nearly 2 years, I'm beginning to think Fitbit isn't actually working
to address customer complaints at all, but instead just trying to appease
existing customers so they don't switch brands. Most people who wear
Fitness trackers are working toward weight loss. This is a HUGE flaw in
the app, that incorrect badges are awarded due to typos, and cannot be
deleted. Not even the Support Team can remove them. This is lame.
This is technology after all, and technology moves way faster than this.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

ConeOfFire
Jogger
Fitbit removed the feature that allowed users to manually delete earned Weight Loss Badges. Please re-add this feature. The last thread was made in 2018 and had excellent traction, but was closed by Moderators without an answer as to why this feature was removed. It's a pretty bad business decision to take away a feature from users without reason.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ConeOfFire, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove weight loss badges. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

mskeshaffer
Stepping Up
My daughter used my Renpho scale, and her weight was logged on my fitbit. Although I was able to remove her weight recordings, I cannot remove the badges they generated.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mskeshaffer, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove accidental weight loss badge. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

sbrubin0
Recovery Runner
need to be able to delete unearned badges, especially weight loss, if you accidently enter an incorrect weight, even if you delete the mistake it never gets rid of the badges
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sbrubin0, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about removing accidental weight loss badge. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Let us delete weight badges!!!!!!!!!!!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FitbitUser1204, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to remove your weight badges with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

rahjie250r
Jogger
One mistake or error in reporting and you're stuck with weight loss badges you did not earn. This really needs to be addressed.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.