Remove Accidental Weight Loss Badge

***This is not related to Aria scales. 

I incorrectly entered my weight in the log and I was awarded all the associated badges for the "weight loss", even though some of them were physically impossible. I corrected the entry, but the badges remain. I would like to be able to delete badges, or have them removed when the associated entry is changed, or even put in a ticket for support to remove them from the back end. 

Moderator edit: added label

51 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think? Meanwhile our Support-team should be able to help you to delete the badges.  

KareKare
Recovery Runner

RE: Removal of badges.

This feature used to be available to consumers and has been removed. I'd love to know the reasoning behind removing this feature. I have had to have support remove unearned badges multiple times due to errors in entering current weight. It seems like a waist of company resources, and company money to pay employees in customer support to remove badges or other items from personal accounts; whether it's accidental weight entry or someone just wants to start over. 

CaliB
Jogger

RE: Removal of badges

I agree with KareKare, this feature should be added back to our accounts. It used to be available and was removed. It is far too easy to enter a typo and wind up with a bunch of unearned badges. The last time I did this I had to contact support twice and post on the message board multiple times before anyone bothered to help clear them up for me.

Very frustrating.

MadiPadi92
First Steps

It does seem like a huge downfall for the app to not let you delete your own badges. Especially when the feature has been available in the past & the mistakes are so easy to make.

Viso
Jogger

We should be able to remove badges that were accidentally awarded.

I can't think of any good reason for this feature to have been removed and to force customers to contact support to fix badges. Please add the feature back, or at least explain the reasoning for removing it.

Dalthegooner
Jogger

You used to be able to delete badges yourself if a mistake was made.

Now you can't. 

A backwards step by Fitbit.

This isn't really something that we should have to 'vote' for so that Fitbit can pretend they listen. It is an item that used to be available and should never have been removed.

Fitbit should correct their errors without people having to post on forums and vote for something that's been mistakenly removed.

For a moderator to then say 'Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us' as if it's never been thought of before is embarrassing!

kaylala
Recovery Runner

Fitbit App is telling me my goal weight has been met and I have received a badge for it which is blocking me from seeing the actual progress towards my goal weight with is 19.7 pounds away. I thought I could just go in and remove the badge but it wont let me delete it. Its very frustrating because I Have not met my goal weight, 

BrandyJaquet
Jogger

Yes!  Please return the ability to delete badges again.  I lost about 80 pounds, had an injury, and gained some back.  I would like to be able to reset my weight goal and badges again to see my "current" progress.  Thanks!

PoloKC
Jogger

Went on an 3 hour buggy safari in the mountains of Andalusia, very shaky and lots of height difference. Scored a Bridge badge Smiley Very Happy Climbed 175 floors. I´v corrected it with actual driving (what we did and had a lot of fun doing it). But the five extra achievements are stil there.fitbit_sharing_-1556304357.png

Would be nice if it also could be corrected.

Jennyellwood
Keeping Pace

I got my Fitbit on 1st June. Got an email saying I have 3 weight loss badges: for 5, 10 & 15 pounds- all got on 9th June! I have actually lost 3 pounds loss in that time! I've spent ages trying to find how to delete them ....... and come to the conclusion that I can't. How crazy is that? So I have to get a Fitbit employee to remove them? How do I go about doing that, please? 

NoEmail
First Steps

It would be really helpful to be able to delete weight loss badges when you accidentally put in 20lbs as your current weight .

It's discouraging to see it constantly tell me I have hit my goal when I most definitely have not. 

KellieDavis83
Jogger

Please give us the option to be able to remove badges ourselves!  It is NOT a big deal and should but such an easy fix since it used to be an option.  Come on!  I see so many people wanting this option!  

Tchristopher
Jogger

This happened to me a few days ago.  I made a typo entering my weight.  The app thinks I lost 160 lbs in one day.  So now I have like 25 extra badges in my locker that I didn't earn, including the Weight Goal Met badge.  I've called support twice, and not only can I not remove the unearned badges, they can't remove them either.  I knew I couldn't have been the only one who had made a mistake entering my weight.  I'm glad they directed me to this forum to add my vote to adding this functionality to the app.  I had no idea this feature used to be there and was removed.  Please return the ability to delete unearned badges.  It's inevitable that the number of people who make mistakes entering their weight will continue to grow, which means more dissatisfied customers.

Also, I recommend some kind of logic check would be helpful.  For instance, if I log my weight every day or two, it should give me a confirmation message if I enter a weight that is....say greater than 10 lbs different than the last weight I logged.  Even if I only log my weight once a month, that would be a valuable logic check.  It is possible to gain or lose 10 lbs in a month, but it is easier to click an extra confirmation than to go through what we have been going through after making a mistake.  

LindaDurr
First Steps

This feature definitely needs to be brought back.  It is too easy to accidentally enter the wrong weight and get a slew of unearned badges.  Additionally, as others have noted, sometimes you might accidentally get a badge for steps from a bumpy road or something that you might want to be able to delete.  

Another.Randell
First Steps

I have had to contact support twice now due to my wife weighing herself. I am 210lbs, she is 105lbs. The scale gets confused and prompts for the person. For some reason, it isn't smart enough to default to the assigned user that is closer to weight just measured. Twice she has accidentally chose me and I get awarded massive amounts of weight lost badges and goal met.

Both times, even after reassigning the weights, the badges stick to me. If I delete or reassign the weight ins, Fitbit should recalculate any badges that resulted from the invalid weigh ins. I shouldn't need to contact support and have a ticket escalated so a person has to fiddle with it.

Or, just let people delete any badge they want.

Shananigan114
Jogger

Agreed. Please let users delete weight loss badges. It is ridiculous to not be able to correct an error and rely on fitbit support to correct the problem. Its unnecessary! A simple trash can and confirmation - are you sure you'd like to remove this badge - would fix the issue and relieve the support staff. Which, by the way, I have contacted 3x to have my badges removed. This last person sounds like they have corrected the problem (my case was sent to wrong department) so I will find out soon via email. BUT issues like this would discourage me from using the fitbit interface when there are SO MANY other options available. Why not allow badge deletion? Accidental deletions can be avoided by a one or two step process to remove a badge. And given the internet feedback on this - when looking up fitbit badge deletion from the past year - fitbit users don't seem happy with the removal of this option.

geo1952
Recovery Runner

Gotta agree.  We should be able to delete our erroneously awarded weight badges.  Thanks.

George

SALowry
First Steps

I have contacted Fitbit twice about removing weight loss badges that were added to my account when I actually gained weight. I've been told they are backed up and will get to me when they get to me with no estimate as to when that will be. It's ridiculous that weight loss badges have so many issues and yet they took away the functionality of deleting weight loss badges ourselves. This makes logging my weight using my Fitbit app frustrating and not really worth it. Please allow users to delete their own badges!

F.Fletch
Recovery Runner

It would be great to be able to delete badges (in my case specifically, weight loss badges)... I accidentally missed a decimal place and "earned" dozens of badges that I apparently can't delete without contacting support. Also, it's odd that Fitbit was happy to believe a 5' 10" male weighed 17 pounds... 😛

I'm sure others would love to "reset" legitimately earned badges, etc. We can edit almost everything on the dashboard, it's odd that we can't nuke badges. 🙂 

Vannorden87
First Steps

I agree. This is the second time I'll have to call about fixing my badges because of my "smart scale" who also thinks I'm 5'6" and 42lbs and the first time wasn't pleasant so I'm not looking forward to the call😭😭😭😭

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @F.Fletch! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Tchristopher
Jogger
Yep, i weighed 16 lbs about 8 mos ago.... down over 140 lbs in one day.
Maybe there should be some logic checks to the weight entry if they won't
give us the ability to delete unearned badges.
Tchristopher
Jogger
Yes. Yojana. Please see my reply to F.Fletch's post. I missed a decimal
point in my weight about 8 months ago, and weighed only 16 lbs. (Down over
140 lbs in one day). I also earned dozens of badges, including lifetime
goal. There was no easy to delete them, only to establish a new goal. At
the time, I was told Fitbit was working to correct this problem, but
after all these months, it isn't fixed yet. Very sad that a company of
this magnitude can't correct such a simple, but widespread problem.
Especially, since it used to be possible for customers to fix, and the
ability was taken away. Now customer service can't even fix it for us.
MadamQ
Jogger

I am glad it lets me know when I reach a goal, but I like to see total weight lost without the large box that informs me of my last badge.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MadamQ ! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.