Remove banner in the Dashboard if you already own a Fitbit

Can we shrink the top of the fitbit.com dashboard page?

Maybe if we already own a fitbit device and a scale get rid of the sales banners? Or make the white space that has the "Dashboard, logs" etc. thinner

Do something! I run at 1920x1080 and it takes up almost 20% of the real estate. We are logged in, you know we own your product. Maybe have the "buy this" banner show up and give us the option to close it like any other notification. 

Thank you

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

18 Comments
Martins2759
Base Runner

Not only this, but the wasted space on the side is a crime! 🙂

sndrtilidie
Base Runner

@Martins2759 - agree but I'm betting it's there because of some screen resolutions are lower. But why we should be limited I have no clue 🙂

Elizabeth13
Recovery Runner

Agree - Please Please Please!!  At least give us an option to close the ad (the way we can close low battery warnings, etc.).

lemos
Runner

I believe you can already Elizabeth13.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is a waste of space considering we already own a Fitbit device. 

If you keep it at least give people the ability to close it, or show us better ads.

I see an advert for the flex, but I own the Charge HR. Why would I downgrade? makes no sense.

sndrtilidie
Base Runner
But u have to do it every time you come in
Crunchyfroglegs
Recovery Runner

With a 1080 resolution monitor, using the Windows 'snap' feature to take half of the desktop doesn't fit all the widgets. I love the site, the Surge, and almost everything about this thing, but just scaling the page by 10, maybe 15% would be a lot better usability wise.

mssk
First Steps

My Dashboard is not showing steps.  How do get them back?

davedawgs
Stepping Up
I asked support but the basically they aren't interested. The problem is that there is no way to get rid of the two top banners on the home page. Tired of x-ing out 'How are we doing, tell us.' Can't get that to stop! Have nothing to keep telling FB. Just need to see the home page. Support asked for clarification and when provided, they sent me here, the weren't interest in the feedback they are asking for in this banner. FN , if I x the banners, let it go!
trib22
First Steps

Yes!

It's terrible UX to continually have to remove these items. A positive response, or a click on the X button should set a cookie that notes "user has done this, don't display".

Easch new banner or request would have its own response marker.

jmstacey
Jogger
Agreed--make the dashboard more efficient. This new dashboard is a big step back in functionality and usefulness compared to the original.
Hsd
Jogger

Please do not show advertizing on the dashboard. The dashboard should not be cluttered with adverts.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

The banner can be removed by clicking on the x that appears when you hover the mouse over it. It's used to show you new features in the Dashboard or apps too.

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board Smiley Happy

EricJRW
Distance Runner

YES YES YES, especially since may people can not "close" the ad.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Can-t-Close-Ad-at-Top-of-Dashboard/m-p/1689291

jay_patel
Jogger

We require a option to simply turn off Adverts e.g.  in Account Settings or Fitbit Settings.  This could apply to ALL Fitbit products with Adverts

Please vote if you would like this setting

Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

LeeHealth
First Steps

On the new Dashboard, every time I open the app, an animation plays for the dashboard top and any banners where I've hit my goal. It is fun the first time but quickly becomes irritating when I open the app to check something and the whole animation plays through again. I suggest having the animation play when a goal is first reached on a day but not after that. 

Additionally, I suggest having stats turn green when a goal is reached, as they did in the old Dashboard. I understand that the current blue is more on-brand, but it lacks the same impact as the original bright green, a color tied to feelings of success and positivity. 

To sum up, I suggest limiting animation playthroughs and adding green back into the Dashboard. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LeeHealth, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to stop seeing banners on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.