0 Votes

Remove manually added steps on challenges

Is it possible for you guys to consider either not allowing manually steps added to challenges, OR, showing manually added steps? 

I've been in a few challenges and its obvious people are adding manual steps so they can cheat. 

I can understand people forget to put on their fitbit or at times have to manually add, but at worst if it was listed in the challenge timeline that manual steps were added it could be recognised. 

I know there are also other ways to cheat (one guy even put it on his dog to run around with), but at least this is a step in the right direction.

Thanks

Moderator edit: Added labels

4 Comments
Status changed to: Released
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @GravelingAt this time only steps from your tracker count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total.

If you track a GPS activity using your mobile device and the Fitbit app (called a MobileRun) during a challenge, be sure to bring your tracker along; as long as you have your tracker with you, those steps will count towards your challenge totals.

If your tracker offers GPS, steps from GPS activities and non-GPS activities are both counted towards a challenge because you're wearing your tracker.

zsazsa4227
Jogger

If you think your friends cheat, then you need to find new friends:)

Fitbit shouldn't be monitoring your life.  I have people recovering doing biking and they can't record their 4 to 1 steps for others to see.  Very unmotivating.

ChooksChick
First Steps

I absolutely think we ought to be able to use manual add for challenges. I understand some folks are motivated by competition, but 'cheating' here isn't at all affecting anything in the real world, and it is silly and pointless- whereas I would very much like to have my friends be able to cheer me on when I've forgotten my Fitbit but have both my phone and smartwatch tracking my steps at work for 8 hours. How fair is it to prohibit me manually adding that because someone is worried a jerk is going to outshine him using his dog? Let's act like the adults we are, and Fitbit, you aren't getting objective data if it says I walked 0 steps yesterday- we both know it was the usual 15-30k.

ReadyPlayer1
First Steps

I second this and one up with can you remove or make invite only challenges so individuals who are on a much higher level than the rest of the people can be removed from the challenge?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.