Remove the message "Get in the zone" from Android app

Allow the removal of the Get in the Zone from the app that keeps popping up. I've removed it several times only for it to pop right back. I've gone in it to decline and it still remains.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

14 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jfossy, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about removing the message "Get in the zone" from Android app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Jfossy
First Steps
I consider it a bug. Your company appears to go out of it's way to not be
able to report bugs or issues.
JohnC1979
Recovery Runner

Same for me. I have declined and removed from my app and still it pops up! Really starting to hate these changes being made. AZM is a disgrace too and needs reverting back to the old way.... 

MvdL75
Powerwalker

It is the same for me. I heve declined the game, and removed "Get in the zone" several times, but it keeps popping up. Very very annoying!!

CayRianChris
First Steps

I have the same issue. Asked fitbit support on twitter, but got sent here instead. It would be good if the customisable dashboard was actually customisable. 

dldnh
First Steps

Wait, you've added a game to the app and it can't be removed? This is a bug! Fix it please!

Richardjan
First Steps

Fully agree with the comments, why do app developers insist on breaking the rule “ if it ain’t broke don’t fix it “

Razor42
First Steps

I like the idea of a game. But I don't wish to opt in. MAKE IT GO AWAY FOR PETE'S Sake. If I edit it out of the home screen it just pops right back up - a literal bug. 

Honestly, what is their obsession with popups? I would like to be able to turn off pretty much ALL push notifications and the in-app banners. Not unreasonable I would have thought. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Same for me on iPhone - appeared this morning after an app update and despite opting to remove it several times, it just reappears.  I'm not interested in games or challenges - if I was, I would choose to opt-in, but taking the opt-out option away is just lazy, buggy dev work.  My FitBit's also got intermittent battery issues, so am expecting it to give up the ghost soon - may just jump ship and buy another brand next time.  

tiuri
Strider

Get this spam out of my app!!!!

Entwood
Recovery Runner

Totally agree, I didn't ask for it, I don't want it, but I can't remove it ...  obviously dsigned by a marketeer who cares more about me being a "cash cow" than a user. If this continues the fitbit will be on ebay and will be replaced by something that actually works HOW I WANT IT TO .. not how a marketeer thinks it should.

harshani
Stepping Up

There is a whole number of us begging Fitbit for MONTHS asking to give a choice between active minutes and zone minutes. fitbit decided to take active minute option completely away from app and watches and thrust Zone minutes which is known to change based on heart rate and gender, race, type of diet you have, different medical conditions, different medical drugs you take, environment and etc etc etc.,

All we asked was to give people who have issues to be able to use active minutes ... aka ... give us a choice to chose active and zone minutes. Since June /July months this zone minutes were thrust and they have not changed anything. Now, this random thing appears and it is not going away. I have deleted and re deleted and it is not going away. 

Me and many others have learned that Fitbit moderators cannot do anything. Any complaints here mean nothing to them and moderators cannot do anything.

Trust me ..... fitbit NEVER listens

GolfBravo79
Recovery Runner

I'd just like them to get rid of the persistent upgrade notification at the top of EVERY. **ahem**. REFRESH of the app.

Companies need to learn that people don't like it when they f&ck with a familiar, working UI.

DTDog
Jogger

Please remove the 'Get in the zone' display from my fitbit.  It does not support this 'game' and should not be displayed.  I can not accept, decline nor remove this annoyance.  The Charge 3 should never have received this message.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.