Remove the zero from in front of PM times on all clock faces

For some reason, some Charge 3 clock faces (eg. HR Stat) show a "0" in front of the time during PM times, but not others (like Double Stat). Showing a zero during the afternoon or evening is just bizarre - it's only standard to do that for military time in the morning. There's no reason for it. Just remove the zero!

17 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @OCaptain! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I TOTALLY AGREE, looks very tacky.  Why must the clock faces look so childish or cheap.  Please make better clock face options, and please remove that pointless ZERO!   

Must haves:  

Day of the week  (YES USEFUL)  

Date  (how could you forget this basic need???) 

Some ideas I came up with below.

Charge-3--clock-ideas.jpgCharge 3 clock face 3.png

koko-mo
First Steps

Would love to have the 24hr clock option available on the charge 3, it was on the 2, should be on the 3. 

@koko-mo

Are you wanting a way to toggle between 12-hour and 24-hour displays on the Charge 3 device itself? Or are you simply looking for any method to get a Charge 3 to have a 24-hour display?

If you want the latter, you can switch between a 12-hour and 24-hour display in the Advanced Settings section of your profile on Fitbit.com.

koko-mo
First Steps

@HedgieTwiggles

Thank you so much! I just logged in to my online profile and was able to change my charge 3 face to 24hr again. Wish they'd have that option via the app, but I'm super grateful you steered me to the online profile. 

@koko-mo Great! I'm glad that helped you out. I agree; it'd be nice to have it in the app. But, hey, at least that option is available! 🙂

twomanydogs
Jogger

Ditto original comment - leading 0 is unnecessary clutter on the clock face.  Get rid of it!

enteecee
Jogger

I like the leading zero - it’s informative and in many designs  keeps the composition balanced.

I liked many of Trebor115’s designs though.  This suggestion is yet another good example of why we need more faces, and the speed with which they came up with so many good ones should make FitBit developers’ faces red.

Jkegelman
Jogger

I totally agree, the leading zero on the digital clock face adds no value. I have never seen a digital clock other than the Fitbit 3 that has a leading zero   

bilbothejust
Recovery Runner

I have never seen a digital clock other than the Fitbit 3 that has a leading zero. Please get rid of it on the Charge 2 Retro clock face. The Charge 2 did not have the leading zero. Why does the Charge 3??? Fix it please!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Rosiejenks
Stepping Up

In most of the 12 hour watch faces, the Charge 3 puts a 0 in front of any time that has a single digit for the hour.  The Charge 2 does not do this.  It can confuse people thinking it is 24 hr time.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rosiejenks. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to see the time in 12 hour format without the 0 in front. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RBream
Jogger
The leading zero makes it harder to read the time.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RBream, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove the zero from in front of PM times on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Lostcatfound
First Steps
I was going to purchase a Charge 4 for my family members, but they're design people and would be driven insane by the nonsensical leading zero. Leading zeros are only used for military times. Prepending them to PM times is just terrible design. I've been a fitbit customer for 5+ years and debating switching cause of the lack of attention to detail.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lostcatfound, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove the zero from in front of PM times on all clock faces. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.