Removing Ads from App

Hi,

Please, remove advertisements on your apps. Yes, they're advertisements of your product, but I already bought majority of your product. It's unnecessary and just takes more data.

15 Comments
davebremer
Jogger

The occasional ads that appear on the iOS app are really annoying. I put up with some on apps that are not good enough to purchase. I feel I’ve paid enough with the products I’ve bought to not have ads.

when I’ve complained on Twitter I get a shock/horror “that shouldn’t happen” which is totally disingenuous. These ads that appear every few months don’t magically push themselves out. 

Stop the ads. They don’t work in encouraging further purchasing. They just make people angry with your product. Judging from the twitter feed I’m not alone in this.

MuchoGrande
First Steps

Add option to remote the Advert panel on the iOS App dashboard, maybe for a small fee or subscription for an Ad free App?  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be really cool to not receive full screen ads in a payed-for application!

----------------------------------------

We are sorry to read you have have received unwanted advertisements in your Fitbit app. 

As the Valentines add was a single occurring add we are positive it will not be displayed again soon. 

Furthermore as we currently do not have the option to remove the ads displayed in your Fitbit app and we are constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features), which our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community!

Sincerely,

Rspillar
Jogger

Spot on. The ads are a massive turn-off. Give us the option to opt out of them. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rawxy thanks for the feedback. The data that any ads take up is negligible and they are always dismissible - you should be able to swipe or exit any ads in the app. It's likely that we'll continue to display the occasional ad to let customers know about new products or features. Thanks for the feedback.

RonDijcks
Base Runner

Recently, over the past several months, opening my app results in Fitbit Promotions and Advertisements.  This "Feature" request is to REMOVE this "Feature".  I should NOT be bombarded with ads on the very product I already purchased.  It happens frequently enough that I am seriously considering a return of the product to Costco, where I purchased it.
If Fitbit wants to SPAM me, then at least allow me to turn this feature OFF.

Thank you!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RonDijcks, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like remove the options to see Fitbit advertisement. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

ParkPark
Recovery Runner

Though I haven't posted here before, I'm writing this as someone who has purchased both a Charge 2 and a Charge 3, and who has been instrumental in influencing at least three other purchases by friends and family members.

And yet you've just brought me to the point of absolutely loathing your company for the abject lack of respect that you so obviously have for me and your other customers.

Your products provide information that I have a use for. I accept that from time to time you might have new products with better information, and I'll allow you to communicate that, so long as you show a degree of common sense in how you approach that.

But I will not accept you putting advertising into the heart of the user experience, just so that you can try to get me to use Fitbit Premium. I've already given you hundreds of dollars, and yet you think it's okay to put your advertising ahead of my access to the information I want. I've already given you hundreds of dollars, and all you can think about is how to get more money from me. I've already given you hundreds of dollars, and you obviously don't care in the slightest that you're inconveniencing me, or all of your other users.

That tells me that you're a company with arrogant, short-sighted fools at the highest levels, who think that there's something to be gained from treating customers with contempt.

So get your advertising out of my face, and do it now. Take this complaint to someone higher up and realise that this single message will be representative of many, many more customers who share my disgust for the way Fitbit is currently behaving.

While you're at it, you might want to consider whether doing everything you can to prevent us from contacting you more directly is a genuinely sensible policy. Insulating yourselves from customer disgust might serve you reasonably well in the short term, but it won't do anything for you in the long term.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ParkPark, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to stop seeing adds on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

clevername2
First Steps

Stop putting ads in the app. Please! I know you want to upsell but since you own all of our data and are obviously making money off of that, please stop trying to sell new watches or premium features.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @clevername2. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to remove ads from the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Bdstewart
Jogger
At one point, the app was the reason I'd never consider another smart watch. Now it's the reason that I will.

__Every__ day there is a pop up for some service Fitbit offers or cycling through the same three health suggestions. Or both.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Bdstewart, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove ads from the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

amackey444
Jogger
The recipe advertisement videos on the food log have slowed the app down considerably. It has become extremely annoying.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @amackey444, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to remove ads from the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.