Replacement Policy

It would be really beneficial if you could exchange your broken Fitbit not only for a new one of the same design but for one of an equal or lower price. 

Unfortunately, I am having to replace my Fitbit surge due to the watch strap splitting, something which has also happened to my friend, and which in my opinion is a flaw in the design. Therefore it would be more ideal for me to change the design of the watch than replace it with the same design. Whilst the 50% off policy which Is also available is ideal if you want money off a newer mode, it does  not prove beneficial when chosing an older model as you will end up paying additional money for a downgraded model. 

12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Nyrac
First Steps

My Charge 2 is under warranty and I've had to replace the device twice already due to not being able to charge.  In my opinion, 3 strikes and you are out!  Why should I have to return it one more time to try the same product again or pay more for a new product?  Your replacement policy should allow for customers to upgrade at no additional cost when the product is defective after 2 or 3 replacements have been tried.

Jammil
Jogger
Instead of: (a) replace same product or (b) have 50% off some, but not latest products; (a') replace with similar or lesser product or (b') have 50% off established products but include latest at lower discount
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jammil, thanks for explaining why you would like to have more options when talking about replacements and warranty policy. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

LeftCoastBlue
Recovery Runner
Some of us have been Fitbit customers for a *long* time and have upgraded through a series of new products. It would be nice if Fitbit would offer its new products to existing customers at a modest discount (15-25%). By selling these directly, Fitbit obtains more revenue than they get from traditional resellers and obtain customer loyalty.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LeftCoastBlue, thanks for explaining why you would like to have discount to upgrade Fitbit devices. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

trkrao
Jogger

Good suggestion. It’s always beneficial to continue the relationship with upgrades or new purchases directly which means better bonding . Discount is a small price for Fitbit company 

Fatoldguy70
Jogger

I would prefer when doing warranty replacement the 50% code was available to all devices, not just old tech. Replacing my Versa twice in 10 months would prefer to get a new 3 but am limited to no newer than the 2 which is being replaced/upgraded here as it is. Guess I will see how long this version lasts.

anne_ht
First Steps

Hi

I think you really should change your replacement policy. I find it really aweful that your 50% discount offer doesnt apply to newer models. I f.ex bought a charge 4 1,5 years ago. And the price of the item at that time was almost the same as the charge 5 costs today. So it is a pitty that you have this quite ridicolous policy. It should apply to all devices in a similar priceclass. The fitbit charge 4 have several weaknesses wich charge 3 didnt have, and wich are fixed in charge 5. So the fitbit chare 4 dosent work any well for my use, so it doesnt help me that I can get a new charge 4. 

I have been a fitbit customer for 8 years, and I have been really satisfied with the functions of the watch and app, only a pitty that it is so poorly made. True my 8 years I have had around 12-13 devices, so in average it dosent even last for a year.  

Claonic
Recovery Runner

Totally agree. My Charge 3 broke (again) and I was offered a discount which I can only use for a Charge 3 or 4, not the newer model Charge 5. Why in the world would I buy an obsolete product, already proven with problems? I'd like to use the discount for the new model.

trkrao
Jogger

It is really surprising that one had used 12-13 devices in last 8 years. Its really very disturbing. can any one tell me what is the average period a device works and what's the replacement/service policy. Thanks in advance 

Fatoldguy70
Jogger

This latest replacement **ahem** the bed so I would recommend looking elsewhere as I am doing, **ahem**bit obviously can't build quality devices, just whatever cheap **ahem** chinese slave labor can provide.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.