0 Votes

Resting Heart Rate is inaccurate

First, I currently use the Charge 2.  I track my resting heart rate because I'm training for an endurance event.  I figured out that the value shown when you do the initial sync of the day is what the heart rate is at the time of the sync.  When I look at the heart rate graph on my iPhone, the resting heart rate is generally lower doing a visual scan of the graph.  It is apparent the heart rate information is being stored on the device.  It should be an easy fix to produce a more accurate resting heart rate from the stored data instead of the reading when the sync is done.  

Thank you in advance for considering and hopefully implementing this improvement.

2 Comments
Status changed to: Existing Feature
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Triman55 Thanks for your suggestion.

The resting heart rate shown on your Fitbit account is actually an average. Fitbit uses your heart-rate data from when you’re both awake and asleep to estimate your resting heart rate. For best results, we recommend wearing your device to sleep.

Triman55
Recovery Runner

Thanks for the response.  First, averaging the heart-rate data from both asleep and resting is not consistent with the definition for resting heart rate (RHR).  Shouldn't you only be using data when the person is asleep?  That would be more consistent with the definition for RHR.  I do wear the Charge 2 when I sleep so I can get the heart rate graph.  I normally look at the graph to get a better number then what is shown,  BTW, it would be nice if this information (the heart rate graph) was also available on the website as well. 

Again, thanks for your response.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.