Restore battery percentage on new Fitbit app

The new app version which I received yesterday (Thu, Sep 21, 2023) as an update no longer shows my battery percentage or profile picture to select it. Furthermore, the Charge 5 itself does not display the current battery percentage so how I am I supposed to know how much batter I have left (aside from connecting the charge cable).
899 Comments
Spectrum23
Jogger
Since latest app update the battery percentage has vanished.
Beth69
First Steps

I am disappointed in the last update with regards to the battery percentage.  It is on my Charge 5, but it is too small for me to read.  I really relied on it in the actual app to keep track of the battery life and when I needed to charge it.  I see that the app has a meter full, medium, and low, but I really miss the convenience of having the actual percentage right there on the today page, rather than having to go digging for the info.  Please put it back in for these middle aged eyes.  Thank you!  

Barbgb
Base Runner

Same here, battery % no longer shows up on Today page.  Text and/or email notifications is still an option.  I found the battery meter:  From Today (on Charge 5) click on the phone/watch icon in the upper left corner, @ Connected to Fitbit the fitbit type has a battery icon next to it, clicked on it and it shows Last synced, Firmware version, and Battery (low, medium, high).

Spectrum23
Jogger
I can’t find it any where. Have gone through every category. Why couldn’t it just be where it was before the update!
LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Please put the exact battery percentage back on the app ASAP.  This is THE biggest complaint in the various forums.  Don’t wait for more votes here.

ColoradoHi
Jogger

Ditto. New android Fitbit app has no battery status display and no profile icon. My Charge 5 battery display is too small and tucked away to read. 

Jajo51
First Steps
No battery level current status on new app. This is needed to know when to top up
REColeman
Jogger

Absolutely agree. I cannot understand why such a useful feature was removed.

debmenzel
Jogger

Why did they remove that feature ? 
I don’t know why they had to change anything? 
I’m sooooo annoyed.  

SPGmd
Strider

I regularly look at the battery status of my sense in the app. please bring this functionality back.

Spectrum23
Jogger
Crazy that they removed it!
InstantGrits
First Steps

This was an extremely useful feature for those of us with bad eyes. I have a difficult time reading the Fitbit device because it is so small. I get most of my information from the app itself. So telling me to just check the device for the battery percentage does not work for me. Please bring back this useful feature to the app. I see no reason why you would have removed it in the first place.

sh0pgirl
Recovery Runner

Agree with others' comments, I just noted my red battery light on Versa 2 and went to app only to see it had updated and battery life was GONE! : (  Just can't keep useful options anymore? Totally annoyed!

RiekoC
Cross-Country Runner

Please put battery % back in the Fitbit app ASAP. Fitbit users, including myself, use this information on a daily basis. 

NeetiF
Recovery Runner

They said they’ve removed the battery percentage indicator from the new redesigned app. That’s a terrible design decision!!!!!! 😡 I also HATE the new design, it’s cluttered and not easy to get stats at a quick glance. How do we get them to fix all this????? It’s sooo annoying. Why try and fix something that ain’t broke???

Canraider
First Steps

Please put the percentage back. It’s so handy to know how much is left. If you have enough to last the day or give it a boost. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have heard nothing but negative comments about the latest update.  NO ONE likes it.  But is Fitbit/Google even reading these comments?  Do they care?

Better yet, has anyone found a good alternative for a fitness tracker or smartwatch?

Willsu
Jogger

I’m in Australia and have been a premium customer and have upgraded products multiple times but this latest dashboard update really sucks. Not only for the removal of battery life but the whole layout is not aesthetic or easy to follow. I contacted chat support who apologised for any inconvenience but basically bad luck. As a customer I am considering dealing with this by canceling my premium subscription and will look at the Apple Watch. 

NeetiF
Recovery Runner

I have a feeling that eventually, possibly several months from now, they will reintroduce the battery percentage indicator, but only because many people complain. It is such a basic and obviously needed feature that I cannot believe it was intentionally omitted. And this new design and layout is awful, not easy to get stats at a quick glance. Ugh, I am so frustrated!!!

Willsu and Calif-Gal, I’ve had the same thought about ditching Fitbit and using something else, but my issue is that I only use it as a clip on, never as a watch. I don’t wanna wear a watch. All other devices I’ve looked up that are clip ons are just basic pedometers, most without an app. Does anybody have any alternative recommendations?

NeetiF
Recovery Runner

And today, my Fitbit died because there was no battery level indicator for me to monitor. ARGH!!!!!!!!! 😡😡😡

NeetiF
Recovery Runner

I asked about it and Fitbit said they have removed the battery percentage level indicator. This new design SUCKS. It seems like they hired absolute beginner designers for both the visual and UI design. I don’t think they even bothered to test for usability. You have to click multiple times to get secondary info. You can’t get basic stats quickly at a glance. I AM SO ANGRY WITH FITBIT!!!!!! 😡

SmartGuy327
First Steps

I have nothing good to say about this update. Change it back or make it better

harleyd2002
Jogger

I need the battery % on my phone ,what happened to it?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Google, in its infinite wisdom, took the battery percentage away.  Among other awful "improvements."

Susan1204
Keeping Pace

I totally agree that this new design sucks!!  There is nothing positive about this version. No battery%, no profile pic and the font is horrible

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.