Restore original individual tiles & drill-downs to Dashboard

The new consolidated 'Goals' tile has a much-reduced functionality - and this format does not allow users to remove items they do not want to track (such as 'floors') while greatly reducing their ability to track detailed information that they DO want - such as 'very active' minutes. As there is no 'drill-down' facility from the mini-tiles on the 'Goals' tile, users cannot see their week-to-date progress, previous days' stats for comparison to today - etc etc.

Restore the display features and fucntionality that we had prior to 7/8 September 2015 please. 

50 Comments
Bowe
First Steps

Bring back the old dashboard.  I do not like the new tiles.  I want the option to use the old dashboard.

dmsc
First Steps

I would like to continue with the dashboard logs that tracked my blood pressure and pulse rate. Please advise how to add that back.

Michael
5K Racer

What I think is interesting is that the Windows 10 app has essentially the same Goals tile, but if you click on the items in it it goes to a quick view like feature. (You click on the steps circle and it takes you to a steps graph that you can look at and change the time period on.)

I think the Windows 10 app is actually better than the web dashboard now... (I do wish that the Goals tile in both dashboards had the items in the same position/order.)

wendymr
Recovery Runner

@ Moderator:

What Fitbit doesn't seem to be understanding is that we don't want to have to hover and click to see more information. Why should we? Before you introduced this abomination, everything was visible at a glance. I was forcibly switched to this current mess from the old old dashboard - the one with really useful and readable linear graphs and numbers. This rubbish with the tiles and circles is useless. Takes more time to assimilate than linear graphs, and doesn't contain half the information.

I am a big user of the Sleep tracking function - I have sleep apnoea. Before, I could see clearly in one section on my dashboard: 

• how many hours I was in bed
  • how many hours I slept
  • my % sleep efficiency
  • how many times I awoke or was restless
  • when - lines on the graph - I awoke/was restless

This helped hugely - often, when I'd had a bad night and was convinced I hadn't slept much at all, the hard numbers showed that actually I'd been asleep longer than I thought. Yes, I can get most of that same information by clicking through to a separate page, but why should I have to? Before, I could see everything at a glance right there on my dashboard.

So, no, your proposed solution of hovering or clicking is not acceptable. You have taken functionality away from us with this "upgrade". My example is only one of many. This is a disaster, and I can't believe you thought users would like it. 

DW50
Strider

I actually found the sleep option, as it is a separate tile you have to activate, however, the tile that showed % (percentage) of time I was active in additon to the really active time, and I would make sure no matter what I would get up and move to keep that at 25% or more, and since I only sleep 7- 7 1/2 hours, that meant I was up and moving (although not fast enough or long enough to register on highly active) for a total or 4-5 hours.  Now I have no idea how much I am up and walking.  If I was lacking in that area, it would nudge me to go out and walk the grocery store, every aisle even if I only needed maybe 1-2 items.  Now I am probably sitting at least 2 of those 4-5 hours I was walking, because I have no idea, and don't care to go out and buy a stop watch to keep track.

sgclayton
First Steps

On the old dashboard, I really found the feature where you could hover over the various badges and see how many times you had achieved that mark valuable. Now that's gone. There's nothing worse than having a great metric taken away. The new dashboard is horrendous.

diymama1
Base Runner

I agree.  I liked the options of being able to used the old tiles that tracked items individually. Why could the option not be left to the end-user? Those who want to could use the consolidated tile, those who didn't could use individual.  It seems a more user-friendly GUI to leave the option open.  

Bring them back!!

GregMart
First Steps

Please bring the old dashboard back.  The new one is usless to me.

loved1
Recovery Runner

Bring back the old dashboard. I have removed the Fitbit dashboard from my daily opening tabs because of its dramatically reduced functionality. You took away the user's ability to arrange the tiles according to their own priorities and you took away features that user's really liked such as the rising happy face bubbles, seeing how many times a user has obtained a certain badge. I miss looking at my dashboard everyday or many of the other metrics you stripped, as noted by other dissatisfied customers. 

FlussHund
Jogger

Like others, I hate the new tile format, and believes it provides much less functionality.

Granted, the ability of my current Fitbit charge to track stair climbing is terrible. I can climb 60 floors on a StairMaster and it registers 0. I can drive 3 hours to another town and it logs 38 floors. But still something is better than nothing, and I appear to have no ability to display floors climbed any more. I compete every year in the American Lung Association's Fight for Air Climb to raise money for lung cancer research, so all I really care to see is steps, floors, and current weight (thanks to my Aria.)

I came back from vacation to be terribly disappointed. At this rate, I'll have to start looking for another fitness tracker.

DW50
Strider

As far as logging flights of stairs when you are not going stairs (once logged 11 flights of stairs while riding in a car) they can fix that.  They do software updates from time to time on Fitbits, as once my alarm quit working, and they had to do an update on that (got notification during the night).  Let them know what is going on.  I still want the old dashboard back, as I depended on the pie chart of how active I had been during the day, and when I had been less active (time wise, not step wise) I would get up and move.  I am not so prone to want to achieve my step goals, but keep out of my chair a % of time.

Elouise
Jogger

I really liked the old tile layout. It was nice to be told I was a champ at 70+ for swimming a mile, etc. This technical business type of graph is not uplifting. Why can't we choose rather than the head honcho deciding. Thanks for your time and a place to vent!

fionac
Tempo Runner

I'm another who wants the old tiles back.  I want to be able to have a snapshot of my active/very active minutes and want the smiley faces back.

I can sort of understand getting shot of some of the lesser used functions, but why get rid of something as fundamental as activity tracking which is what the device is all about?

Haven't you heard of the expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"?

umi
Recovery Runner
I agree with what everyone has said. I also miss the ability to track my blood pressure. I had to download a separate app in order to track blood pressure. A friend is considering purchasing a Fitbit which I discouraged her from doing because of your recent changes.
scottishagate
Base Runner
I agree with everything above. The new goals tile is hard to read. Give us the option to use the old Dashboard where we can display the info we want at a glance, rather than clicking and drilling down. Somehow I find bar graphs much easier to understand than the new circular displays. And who had the bright idea of making some tiles square, some horizontally longer and some vertically longer? It's almost impossible to arrange them. Your get one or two in place and the rest slide around and won't fit! It was easier when each goal was on a separate tile. This was a disastrous change, Fitbit your really shot yourself in the foot.
Billsg
Jogger

The tile thing is like Windows 8 - DOA

DW50
Strider

Very sad that they took something everyone loved and used, when they had 2 options, those who wanted the new could have it, but those of us that used the old were left out in the cold to just deal with it.  It wasn't like they couldn't have left it alone.

bigmom3
Jogger
I find that i still do not like the new titles .Nothing you do will make me
like them . I am not able to do very much and the little i get done . was
more fun for me to acheive are now gone . with you high handed dealing of
just up and changing this . I loved being able to see how much i walked
each day . trying to do more today then yeterday but every step i do is an
hard thing to do . now i have nothing . I wanted for years to know how many
steps i took a day but could never read and then came the fit bit . loved
it used it you have taken it away . shame on you .
DW50
Strider

If only Fitbit would listen to those who have paid big bucks for their product, and just want to see what they saw before in the old Dashboard.  They can re-introduce this with very little effort, offering tiles that show the items we had on the old dashboard.  It isn't about money, as they have already paid someone to code these items, it is about us doing things the way FitBit think we should do them.  Comeon Fitbit, we paid for your product give us back what we liked about it when we purchased the item, don't make us bow down to what you want us to do.  Please put the old dashboard information in the way of tiles we can choose to have.

sac80644
First Steps

Can't believe that the last post for this topic was 10/19/2015.  I'm not using the new Dashboard anymore.  I loved the old one and obviously it is not changing back as it seems Fitbit does not listen to their customers.  Moving on...

DW50
Strider

I gave up also, and don't even enter my sleep any longer.  I barely even look at the Dashboard at all, I do look at the output on my device but that is it.  I could have that from an under $10 pedometer.

scottishagate
Base Runner
Awful new web-based Dashboard forced me into buying a cheapo 2nd-hand smartphone! Good display of Fitbit stats, and of course many other uses. But an expensive way to get back the Dashboard functionality we had for free before the changes.
BethJay
First Steps

Since the Alta doesn't have an alitmeter and I CANNOT track floors, WHY is it listed on my goals?  It is ridiculous for a motivational tool to list a goal that I cannot ever meet, daily doses of failure are not good for continued use of the product.  Any plans to fix this fitbit?

mandymitchell61
Strider

Yes i loved the old dashboard and would so love it back

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.