Satellite view on gps map iOS

I would really like a satellite option when I view my god tracked activity. Most of my tracking is off the beaten path, it would make it a lot more informational for my use.

Thank you

Moderator edit: Added labels

21 Comments
Brandonpettit
Stepping Up
Sorry gps* not God. Autocorrect got me. 😉
Brandonpettit
Stepping Up
Hello anything??? A simple yes or no would suffice.
Brandonpettit
Stepping Up
Please add satellite view to tracked gps routes in app.
intechpc
Jogger

I'll add +1 for this feature request.  In the App or even on the website this would be a really helpful feature. I'm a soccer referee and use my surge to track my running in my matches.  Running on a grass (or turf) field, a street map does me no good.  It would be great if I could easily overlay my GPS track on top of a satellite view of the field to see where I ran.  Right now I'm forced to export to a TCX file and use GPS Visualizer to do this.  Please make Satellite View available on the Google Map.

Brandonpettit
Stepping Up
Thanks

Sent from my iPad
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Brandonpettit This is a great idea. Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board. 

Hope this can be a feature soon. 

SteppingBear
First Steps
This is a great idea, please add the satellite map as an option for GPS tracking. It looks like the GPS tracks on Google maps, can the image (satellite, terrain, etc.) options be enabled or made available?
xl_ninja
Jogger

The satellite view for GPS would be very helpful in the PC dashboard as well as in the mobile app. It would be great to see the tracked path over top the satellite image for all outdoors activities like running, biking or golf. Since you are using Google maps, it should be easy to enable that control for the satellite view. The two current options in the online dashboard do not really present any significant differences in their views.

Thanks in advance,

Bjohnson4850
First Steps
I would like to have the mapping in satellite mode instead of just street
Jay_Jay
Jogger

Yeah pls make it a thing!!! Fitbit is a great app but in case of information you get out of your gps tracking it can't even compete with free apps like runtastic.... PLS it would make it a lot better

Roboto
Base Runner

Hi,

waiting for a dashboard update from Fitbit, I've just published a post with easy instructions that will let you enable Satellite view in activities map.

Here's the link.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Here-s-how-to-enable-Satellite-View-in-Activity...

Hope this helps.

Roboto
Base Runner

Hi,

waiting for a dashboard update from Fitbit, I've just published a post with easy instructions that will let you enable Satellite view in activities map.

Here's the link.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Here-s-how-to-enable-Satellite-View-in-Activity...

Hope this helps.

dabaker
Recovery Runner
The surge that I'm presently using only allows the recording of runs,walks, hikes, to the App showing a map. A satellite view would be much more useful as my running club runs trails. A few of my friends use the Microsoft Band2 which uses a satellite view,.Im trying to encourage those to convert to the Fitbit Surge because of the built in gps. Is it possible to access a satellite view with the surge.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 for this from Me! hack is Great TYSM but should be included by the fitbit team!

secoleman
First Steps

I Play field hockey and having a satalite map would show me what area of the pitch I played in and if I need to improve in specific areas.

The map at the moment is not helpful for me at all. 

I hope that Fitbit include this feature. I know that Garmin already do!

aecorredor
First Steps

I play outdoor soccer and need this feature ASAP. It was requested a LONG time ago and still nothing. Come on fitbit team, what's happening? At least give us an update on when we can expect to see this feature added.

Kilt
Recovery Runner

I'm hoping for this feature, too!  I intend on trail running through woods and want to "map out" what the trail system looks like relative to the environment plus topography.

dabaker
Recovery Runner

Please add this feature now 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Jazzeux
Jogger
I had another watch before and I could switch from terrain to satellite view in the google map activity summary. I use the gps from my phone in your app to track my path.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jazzeux, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see Satellite view for GPS maps in the Fitbit App. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.