Screen Wake Schedule to specify the specific time to use "manual" or "auto"

Currently the screen wake function has just two settings, "manual" or "auto". I like that fact that when in "auto" I can twist my wrist and the clock face lights up so I can see the time or data for whatever activity I'm doing.  In "manual" mode, it doesn't automatically light up, but requires the press of a button or tap of the screen (Ionic).  During sleep, when in "auto" mode, the display lights up when I move around and believe it or not, it's bright enough to wake me and/or my wife up even when the watch's display at its dimmest setting.  I'd rather not have to switch between manual and auto modes, so I'd like to see a function added that permits the assignment of "manual" or "auto" modes during specific time periods.  For example, one could set their watches to be in "auto" mode from 7 AM to 10 PM and "manual" mode from 10 PM to 7 AM... and then everyone could sleep happily!  A similar post suggested that the Wake Function should switch automatically between "manual" and "auto" modes when sleep is detected (a pretty good idea), but I'd rather have control of this behavior than relying on the watch to decide for me when it's best to be in "manual" or "auto" modes.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @JDionic1, what a nice idea! I think that a lot of users will like to have this option on your Fitbit to specify the time for ""manual" or "auto" Screen Wake. See you around.

yhw22
Tempo Runner

I will support it. It will help us extend our battery life. This feature can be applied to all Fitbit devices.

AshleyJoy
First Steps

Please! This is a huge issue for me. I don't always remember to turn off the screen before I go to sleep. It would be ideal if the screen just didn't turn on while it detects you're sleeping. The light wakes me up almost every time.

Megan4809
First Steps

Yes! I was going to suggest the same thing!!

mjsheehan
First Steps

This option was available on the ionic and is available on the Charge. 

why is it not available on the top of the range sense?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.