Search bar to find workouts, recipes and mindfulness sessions

We need a way to search for exercise and mindfulness sessions . Searching for key terms like "walking" or "stress" would help us find relevant sessions faster.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
102 Comments
Spinsibility
First Steps

This is so SO needed. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to search for a type of workout and filter by level (beginner, intermediate, etc). I’d love the ability to filter by already taken/not taken as well. I would absolutely use FitBit Premium more if this were possible. As it is now, I’m considering not renewing my subscription.

designgal
First Steps

This is 2023. Add a search feature. Now that it’s owned by Google, there is ZERO REASON this shouldn’t be included with the app!

KristineAz71
First Steps
Make finding your favorite workouts, recipes, and meditation video. There are too many items to scroll through—and so many great vids that favoriting doesn’t help find specific vids easily.

Maybe have categories like Dance, HITT, Workouts, etc in the Favorites area.

In food vids you can choose from 5 filters. Do this everywhere.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KristineAz71, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a search bar to find workouts, recipes and meditations from the Discover tab with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

RUListening
First Steps
The workout app is a pain in the butt - needs a search function so users can find workouts by specific trainers, ranking by intensity and length.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RUListening, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having a search bar to find workouts from specific trainers with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Azteca96
First Steps
For the love of god - add a search function to the Premium exercises section. I had to scroll for 5 minutes to find an elliptical workout in Cardio. I should just be able to type in a machine or workout and have it populate with options. If it had the search function I'd be a lot more likely to use and keep premium for the exercises.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding a search bar to find workouts in the Discover section with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LMEH
Jogger

Please add a search function.  I am new on the app. Trying to find a 'start to run' program without a search function seems impossible. How do people find specific programs without scrolling for hours? Nearly all the health apps I have used before enable you to filter the workouts and use key words in a search function.

Camou
First Steps

Well ! Without a search bar for workouts, I don't think Premium subscription is worthy. Not for me anyway. Just wanted to let you know that I will not renew my subscription.

LMEH
Jogger

Please add a search function. I spend more time looking for my work out instead of working out. Very demotivating.

Paula_ar
Jogger

Hello, 

I can see this thread started in 2021, is there any update in 2023?

I am new to Fitbit, this is the number one through back from the Premium service.

I am also surprised as one would say is an expected feature and an easy fix.

I would love to read feedback from Fitbit on this request, the last one was only from 01.02.2022, and not necessarily addressing the request. 

Thank you.

shanamayumi
Premium User
Stepping Up

wanted to have this kind of feature and i hope that fitbit will considerate for this

Palousegeo
First Steps

Hey Fitbit moderators:
How would you go about finding an intro yoga video?

JodieJansen
Jogger

Totally agree with this! Especially for the workouts. I want to be able to search for workouts with a specific focus. There are so many provided which is wonderful but I want a way to search them with my own key words not just the prompts fitbit pre-provides!

TCS124
First Steps

I want to search by instructor name, or by program name.

SachiAU
First Steps
Learn from Nike Training Club app and make workouts searchable, and specific information about the difficulty and necessary equipment for each. Programs build using the workouts would be even better.
SeaRon
First Steps

I doubt I'll continue to pay $90+ / year for Fitbit Premium without the basic ability to search workouts. It's the main benefit of Fitbit Premium and is basically useless today.

HealthofSECS
Jogger

Agreed. In fact, I just cancelled myself because of the lack of this update.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SachiAU, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making workouts searchable on the Discover tab of the Fitbit app with us. This product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

GremlinCat
First Steps

I just got a fitbit and i'm so frustrated by how much effort it is to scroll through all the pointless irrelevant workouts to find the very few that I want to use.  Why is walking and running together too? I am only interested in walking. If I can't search for walking audio workouts then at least seperate the walking from the running so I don't have to scroll past all the running ones for example

SaidaAmsterdam
First Steps

Adding my voice to my vote for this feature.

At the moment I have literally no way to find a running guide workout in the app, as none of the suggested workouts are running related, and none of the clickable categories lead to running?!

This is very frustrating. Even a more extensive tags list would be helpful to find what I need.

• Please add a search feature to the coach section.
RUListening
First Steps
I love the new app lets me search by instructor
Bree13
Jogger

This!!! Why isn’t there a search bar? I just activated my 6 free months and I found the exercise section pretty clunky. I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as the Peloton app given the cost difference, but Fitbit navigation is much more primitive. Without a search bar, it needs a really robust filter system, which it doesn’t currently have. I randomly ran across a postnatal workout, which made me wonder if there were others and if they had prenatal/maternity workouts, but there’s no logical way to find them besides just browsing through everything. Likewise, I wanted a vinyasa yoga class but you can’t search for one and the “workout type” filter was limited to mindful movement, seated, and wheelchair. Seated and wheelchair are legitimate categories/filters, but I’m not even sure what is meant by “mindful movement” since all of yoga should be mindful movement? 

GHut
Jogger
Please can we have a search bar for workouts, or just make it easier to find the workouts you want. I really just want running and yoga. If I've done a running session it could suggest other similar ones? But it doesn't. And I can't seem to just filter or search for these either.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.