Search bar to find workouts, recipes and mindfulness sessions

We need a way to search for exercise and mindfulness sessions . Searching for key terms like "walking" or "stress" would help us find relevant sessions faster.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
101 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cuttlebranch, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a search bard to easily find exercises and mindfulness sessions with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

toadslayer
Recovery Runner

Yes, please! If I want a specific type of exercise I don't want to scroll through everything to find it. I do use favorites but it isn't the same.

DGallant
Jogger

I agree. Need to be able to search for treadmill specific programs. This was a feature in Coach but was lost when it closed. 

urbank6388
First Steps
Really mind boggling that I can't search for "abs" or "bodyweight" or something like that within the workouts section of discover. Premium user here.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @urbank6388, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add a search bar on Fitbit Premium. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

SSNomad
Base Runner

This! You can't even search for "Walk" or "Run"

SSNomad
Base Runner
There should be a way to search workouts on the FitBit premium app by activity, e.g.: walking, running, stairs, indoor, outdoor, etc like there was in FitBit Coach. .
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SSNomad, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about the possibility of adding a search function for Fitbit Premium exercises.

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community forums. 

Leahtg
First Steps

I see a search function as an obvious requirement.  I need to search by any attribute of the workout - including trainer name, activity type, beginner to advanced, time etc.  

Emk1111
First Steps

I just saw a 15 comment thread on this in the premium app whatever section. The moderator kindly responded to every comment telling people they posted in the wrong section. I was surprised the comments didn't just get pasted over by the moderator. Yeah it took me 15 minutes to find a video for a short workout that i glanced at and forgot to star. Absolutely a pain and should be a basic feature.

100% agree. Search should be a basic feature. 

Brodester
Recovery Runner

Can we put a search bar for searching for closed groups on the Fitbit app 

TonyG1234
First Steps

This suggestion has been made a few times in different areas and whilst moderators are kind enough to reply nothing changes.  It is now almost a year since it was first suggested, perhaps Fitbit are not really interested.  That is ok as I when I change my watch there are plenty of other options out there and and a search feature seems to be beyond the Fitbit team.  

Sherspiz
First Steps

May you please create a search function for the workouts. I see others have asked for this. It takes so long to find a workout.

Also please add more ergometer/rowing workouts. They're so hard to find in general so thanks for having them and please add more but the search function is first and foremost

danheier
First Steps

I believe a search function is necessary. That way anyone can search for specific workouts like Yoga, Bodypump, HIIT, or anything the user wants. Making searching for workouts faster and easier.

thank you for your consideration.

AlwaysSmokie
First Steps

I agree a search options for mindfulness & activity/workouts would be very useful. I would imagine it would also benefit fitbit and it’s contributors. If people are not scrolling they are missing a lot of great content that could be discovered with a simple search feature.  😃 

Marylyne
First Steps
I would like a search bar so we can look for specific workouts.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Marylyne, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a search function to look for specific Premium workouts on the Fitbit app with us. It seems this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

shimanai
First Steps

I was happy to find some Les Mills workouts there, but I can't search for more of these and instead have to scroll. Basically every website now has a search bar, I don't understand how it is not there...

Jess_P
First Steps

Agree this should, be a basic feature. I likely won't continue with premium because of this feature, I want to be able to easily search and save workouts that will keep me motivated. I wanted to be able to easily search for my favourite les mills workouts which I can't do 😞 

LinLin9
First Steps

This is 100% necessary! Sure, I can favourite a workout to find it again later, but what happens when I have 20-30 or more workouts favourited? Some are for days when I want to go for a walk, some are for days when I want to get in some HIIT, and some are for days when I want to recover with yoga. I don't want to have to carefully scroll through to find the specific workout I'm looking for. 

Lottielover72
Jogger

I agree entirely. A search option is essential. I have been looking for a step workout. Still don't know if there is one..... 

gigigigigigi
Stepping Up

It's hard to believe this doesn't already exist. It is such a basic function. Why pay for premium content you can't find? 

PedramFit
First Steps

Please add this feature! For example of I want to look for kettlebell workouts only I can't!

Thanks

TerryMac53
First Steps

I thought I just couldn’t find the search function. Please please please add the search functionality to the workouts. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.