Seconds on manually logged activities for Android

Can we please add second hand tracking in the manual log your exercise page for Android? That option is available on iOS. It would great for accurately monitoring activities. THANKS!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

28 Comments
Jagerhall
Jogger

Can you please incorporate a spot to enter seconds into the log your exercise page... you're just unable to add seconds when adding an exercise like running. Thank you.

Moderator edits: labels.

Jagerhall
Jogger
Help ForumsGet help + discuss featuresDiscussionsTalk health and fitnessProduct DevelopmentSubmit feature requestsMy ActivityInboxSettingsSign Out Jagerhall First Steps Up 0 Comments Second hand tracking Jagerhall (First Steps) 2:31 PM Labels:  flex Can you please incorporate a spot to enter seconds into the log your exercise page... you're just unable to add seconds when adding an exercise like running. Thank you.
Jagerhall
Jogger

there is a spot for second hand tracking...but we are not able to enter that data...

2015-05-12 06.44.30.png2015-05-12 06.43.42.png

DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Jagerhall To get more context about your request, is this for the Windows phone app?

Jagerhall
Jogger
No this is an Android 4.4.2 Galaxy S4.ThanksTim

Jagerhall
Jogger

This is a Sprint Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2.

Thanks

RELehman
First Steps

This idea needs more votes!!  It seems like an easy fix regardless, and it would seem that most people who are fitness buffs would care about getting times logged down to the second vs. just rounding to the nearest minute.  I would love to be able to log my swim times on the phone app, but have to go the web page instead because seconds matter 🙂

Jennyjag
Jogger
I recently purchased Galaxy Note 5 when my Fitbit Surge was being shipped to me. I didn't think about it not being able to get notifications and stuff. One of the reasons I purchased was for a second hand and also to be able to see who is texting and calling me. Since I am not able to see this, I should have probably purchased the Charge HR. Also being a nurse, having the secondhand on the face with the clock would be ideal. If it were to be updated to have these features, would mine be able to be updated. I am thinking about returning mine.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Of course your Surge could be updated, but if you did a search you would have already seen a request for a screen with a second hand. It would have been better to leave a comment their and vote for a second display. Adding a second thread could cause the views to be posted on know than one place, this making this request look to be unpopular. Remember if it's the course that count.

Jagerhall
Jogger

Screenshot_2016-01-03-11-36-24[1].jpgScreenshot_2016-01-03-11-37-04[1].jpgScreenshot_2016-01-03-11-41-01[1].jpgyou can enter seconds on iOS, just not Android...please add second hand tracking to Android app. Thank you.

Mrs_Mac
First Steps
Yes, please add this. Having the ability to track seconds is crucial in sports like running etc.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this idea! I can see the benefit. Thanks for contributing in the Feature Request board. 

Keep on voting for this feature! 😉 

jenend74
First Steps

Please give us the ability to add seconds to our manual exercise tracking on the android app. This is very important with running and getting a clearer picture of our pace. Rounding up or down on minutes is not helpful.

Jagerhall
Jogger

Yes! Thank you all. Unfortunately Fitbit does not deem this a necessity so I encourage everyone to get anyone they know to vote for this post. That is the only way for FB to add this remedial and basic operating feature to the Android application. iOS ALREADY HAS IT.

Annalytics
Recovery Runner

I also believe it would make sense to be able to log time in hours, minutes AND seconds.  

I personally run the mile once a month around the track to see my progression. Since my fitbit charge 2 does not usually account for exactly 1 mile, I prefer to log it manually. However rounding my time to the nearest minute seems irrelevant because I only improve by a few seconds each time.

Please consider this small addition, it would make it much more convenient for precise measures.

imbeyondboredom
First Steps

How is this not fixed yet? This is a joke. Why bother logging anything if it's inaccurate? 

ARCwell86
Jogger

For the "duration" manual input section in the exercises of the fitbit app, it would be useful to add the ability to record seconds.

Pollifaxen
Recovery Runner

The time edit for activity should be editable in format of h : min : Sec, not by “start time” for example 15:20, to “stop time” for example 16:10.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pollifaxen thank you for sharing your suggestion. I have no doubt that others will like this idea, really appreciate those examples.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pollifaxen! I've moved it into a similar request. I hope we receive updates soon.

StephBurl
First Steps

Sometimes, I just run a mile on the treadmill for time. But I've been struggling to get the stride length right so I get an accurate distance logged, so I have to delete the entry and re enter it with the actual distance (that's a while separate problem...) Anyway, with mile times, seconds matter! It would be great to have a way to keep track of my progress! 

Also, adding a 'notes' option would be great, or a 'how did it feel' option so you can track effort would be nice...

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @StephBurl, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote! I also noted that you mentioned a second idea. I ask you to post only one idea per feature. That way, we can keep the board organized and searchable. This makes it easier to know which idea other members are voting for. Here is the link for another existing feature suggestion regarding notes: Add notes to Activities

Rebucket
Recovery Runner

It's been years since this idea was suggested, and still nothing.

Linneajanae
First Steps

I just switched from an iPhone to Samsung/Android and am so sad that I can no longer track my run speeds!!!! The layout for Android is so much more inferior than for the iPhone 😞 I'm hoping this gets resolved soon!

Kamikazinova
First Steps

First i see mention of this at least goes back to 2015, and this suggestion made here in 2016.  This is something a basic stop watch can do, ios has had it.  Why has this not been implemented.  Im giving the android app a 1 star review until this is reaolved.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.