See how close you are to the next badge & see all possible badges (benchmark)

I think it would be good to track how close you are to the next badge on your app - i.e. if you are 2 floors away from reaching the next badge, send a push notification through and it'll help people want to earn more badges. If you are 2,000 steps away from the next badge, send a notification through the app or screen on your Blaze (example as I have a blaze). I would like to know how many more life-time miles I need to get to the next badge so they're not a random surprise, and it keeps me wanting to hit a target.

If this could be built into the tracker and released through an update, I think it would help keep people motivated to earning the next badge you offer.

Moderator edit: added label

32 Comments
carsonelmore
Jogger
Does fitbit show how long the average person takes to accumulate badges? It would be nice to see where I stack up against the average person, it would be even cooler if they could break it down by age groups etc.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @carsonelmore, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more details about Fitbit Badges and  like a break down by age. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Daphneannelie
First Steps
We get notifications that we managed to get a badge '10.000 lifetime miles' or something like that. It would be more motivating to see how far I have to go until I reach a new milestone.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Daphneannelie. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to see how close you're to your next badge with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions!

o27trainman
Stepping Up

I agree with Tao75 in his post of 9/23/2017.  It was in the old pc dashboard and its useful if your next badge is thousands of miles ahead to be able to see the miles to go steadily decreasing if your goal is years, rather than months ahead.

Sharonalondon
Base Runner

I know the next badge can be seen on the dashboard and there is a blog post which lists all badges but it would be good to know how far you have to go as a motivator.

Chuk739
First Steps

Excellcent idea this would encourage me to walk/run further to accomplish goals.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.