See more real time swim stats on Charge 3 and set laps as goal

It would be really nice to be able to see the number of laps I have completed during my swims in real time as well as being able to set a goal for number of laps completed (a major reason I bought was because I assumed this was possible and it is making me reconsider the device, pools have clocks on the wall, it isn't hard for me to keep track of time while swimming)

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

86 Comments
Malkt
Stepping Up

I went with the Huawei Honor Band 4. 28$ - and works perfectly! Very accurate lap count and battery lasts more than a week with my 3x2000m training. Heart rate monitor is not precise during swimming, though. 

astroclark
Jogger

It is too much to ask for a length counter WHILE you swim? The product pages for the devices are hopelessly misleading here. I actually bought a Charge 3 thinking it could do this for me, and it was only after trying to use it, and much searching online that I found it that it can't do something as simple as this. Please fix this! Should be able to change the "swim screen" in an update.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @astroclark, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

JuRobbo
First Steps

How do you add a vote to a suggestion. I’m close to selling my charge 3 if they don’t update it with a real time lap counter

chrishumby
Jogger

hi guys could you please in swim mode add counter for your lengths I was let down when it did not have this on this watch cos when you swim so you know how many you are doing shame it is not on there already please update that into it quickly.

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @chrishumby! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

JuRobbo
First Steps

So I’ll ask again how do I add a vote and will anyone from fitbit bother to read this ? A lap counter is a very basic function of a tracker that’s is so called designed for swimming. Everyone is giving you the same feedback with Fitbit telling us all to vote. Vote on what exactly we’ve given you the read back. Stop replying with where you’ve moved the post too or telling us to vote for the feedback we’ve given, its deflecting from the issue. I’m amazed you’re not bothered that this device is getting such bad feedback and many have already returned for a completely different brand! So can we have an update please will this ever happen or does the charge 3 need to go on EBay ?

chrishumby
Jogger
I have not moved it i just asked the question and you are right should be
easy to do
chrishumby
Jogger

more people who want this feature fitbit team will take note hopefully so let's get them to recognize this will be a help cos after you need it more when in the pool cos you want to know your goal at the te well I do anyway.

juanptc47
First Steps

Friendly advice for everyone with this issue, just leave Fitbit and switch to another brand. I bought a Charge 3 after my $300 Ionic broke shortly after 1 year of use. I loved my Ionic while it lasted but its lifetime was truly disappointing. And well, the Charge 3 is just awful. It measures way more steps and calories that it should and its useless in a pool for the reasons everyone above is stating. I returned it and bought an expensive Forerunner 935 a month ago and now I regret not getting one a year ago instead of my Ionic. I love my new device and I will never return to Fitbit, I recommend you do the same.

bilmori
Jogger

I only had the watch just over three weeks and decided since the main reason I bought it was for swimming and in particular to see a live update of lengths I'd swum and find out that wasn't  a feature was good enough reason to return it.

Luckily I had purchased from Amazon.

I won't say what watch I went for other than it was an honor 4 me to get one!  It has a real time display of the number of lengths as well as distance covered. The stats provide individual 25m times for every length completed as well as SWOLF , type of stroke and more. The good part is the cost was about 1/3. I don't think their only support is as good as fitbit but so far I haven't needed to use it.

I found it very difficult to get good feedback on the best swim watches - price does not necessarily mean the most expensive is the best.

chrishumby
Jogger

yep I'm starting to agree the customer service team seem to ignore the forums shame on them cos ill keep this for a while get a diff watch all together can I ask your new one does it live count the lengths at all

bilmori
Jogger

I am not 100% certain if there is a number of lengths on the display - I only look at the distance which is at the bottom of the display - I think it is lapsed time at the top distance at the bottom. The app gives a breakdown of each length with time-number of strokes-SWOLF-pace (time per 100m)-stroke type

chrishumby
Jogger
there should be enough room you dont have to make large letters.
kb_56
First Steps

I have just purchased my first Fitbit (the Charge 3) after many hours deliberating the pros and cons of other models.  I thought I had bought the best option but am very disappointed with the swimming section.  I also assumed you could see your progress in real time.  Like many other people have said its so easy to lose count of laps or lengths.  Please fix this.

chrishumby
Jogger
yep same here and they dont want to listen to there customer base either
shame really.
Basderijck
Recovery Runner

Hi fitbit

I swim a lot

And i like to see a live lap count during my excercise also live tempo as on the running app would by nice

after a swim session it would by great to see wich strokes where made

Bas

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Basderijck! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

chrishumby
Jogger
you are correct but i dont think none of the fitbit team read anything on
here so it is almost like a waste of time shame really.
kb_56
First Steps
I am inclined to agree with you. Its as though they want you to think they
are doing something but in reality they are not. This should have been a
feature from the first day anyway.
chrishumby
Jogger
yep concur with that and it is a shame it would make the charge 3 so much
better maybe there tech support are not as good as they say shame
CBLive
First Steps

The Charge 3 display is utilised well when in standard usage but when carrying out a fitness activity such as swimming.....rather than using the screen space to provide at least basic info such as 'lengths' or 'distance' etc. (Swimming) it just shows the duration of the activity I have been told by support. This stopped me upgrading from my Charge 2 and I don't like the size of the versa or ionic.

I struggle to remember how many lengths I am at when swimming and this is a game changer. Come on fit-bit, this info is being tracked by the device and could easily display such basics, I'm not saying for it the display to be on all the time but to just be able to check mid activity, even out of water.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CBLive, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

chrishumby
Jogger
i completely agree I loose count to why cant fitbit support listen to
customers who want this feature it would bring in more customers but they
never look on this site to help themselves either to see what the customer
needs are shame on them.
JuRobbo
First Steps
How do you add a vote. And why do we have too the feedback is there in
black and white, but you don’t listen !
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.