See previous days' data across all tiles in mobile app

I like the layout of the new IOS app.  I wish that when I switch days to look at previous days' data that I could have ALL the tiles still change to the previous day's information.  Right now with the updated app only the daily goals change to the previous day's data and the calories in and calories out stay with today's current information.  This is not helpful to me if I am trying to quickly see how I did yesterday which I definitely do sometimes.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels. 

325 Comments
12Yanv
Jogger
They closed this issue years ago

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, Martha
Mikela123
First Steps
If they closed this issue “years ago” then why is this forum still open and allowing people to continue to make posts for a dead end topic? It’s been a tiring experience to hear years worth of complaints for “just the heck of it”?? I guess it’s time for people to move on and to another platform. I’m personally waiting on Apple to incorporate the sleep tracker and then I’m moving over. I have loved Fitbit for many years - but this has been exhausting. No response - No nothing.

Sent from my iPhone
Mn1985
Jogger
I just bought my FitBit a week and a half ago. It worked the way I wanted
to up until a few days ago when it just...broke. That's when I made my
post. I don't get it.
kipbot
Jogger

My Fitibt HR 2 died this AM after a couple years and hard use. For all my bluster about resenting the company's ignoring this issue, or deceiving us by saying it's by design, I'm most likely gonna to get the HR 3.  Having 3.5 million steps on this platform is the only thing attaching me to the device.  I won't be recommending it to anyone though and every time people mention it on my wrist, I'll let them know.  C'mon Fitbit.  You should be better than this.  One of the easiest things you could have fixed or handled with respect.  

Maverick23
Jogger

Indeed.

I will not be getting another FitBit when the ones I have die.

So many of my FitBit “friends” are gone, many switched to Garmin, that it’s just no longer worth the wait for FitBit to fix it. I didn’t want to learn a new platform... but I know now, FitBit has awful “customer service” and no desire to keep its user base happy... sigh...

Kipbot - good luck to you! (But I think you will log 3.5 million more steps just as easily somewhere else...)

Inspird
First Steps

I was quite upset to see that the application designers have opted not to show each day’s current data on the dashboard for ALL areas tracked by Fitbit. I routinely have paged back to see how each day’s unique data compares. I was planning to upgrade my Charge 2 but will choose a different vendor if the original function is not quickly restored.

TheRealSTB
Recovery Runner

Guys, I was one of the original posters on this thread years ago and Fitbit black holed our feedback. 

However, I’m happy to report that, a couple of weeks ago, they updated the IOS app with beta UI that killed the tiles and replaced it with a UI that updates ALL stats when you scroll back and forth. 

So look in in your app and see if you’re already offered the option to switch to the Beta UI

here’s  a UI snippet  

F3FB56D9-EEE8-4593-8837-8D92BB5CA35D.jpeg

zwickerp
Jogger
That’s amazing. Too bad I stopped using fitbit a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone
jhughes82
Recovery Runner
I thought I was also a very early poster to this thread. I have lost my Fitbit. Need to replace or switch. I’m about to buy Garmin but will consider FB if I can try that new version. I just updated my app and it still looks the same as before. How do I get to that beta version? I think this latest update took me to 3.1. Is that really the most current?

JHH

Get Outlook for iOS
12Yanv
Jogger
I’d like to know too

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, Martha
QuirkyDude
Base Runner

Thanks Fitbit

You have delivered on this change

Great work.

Case closed 

jhughes82
Recovery Runner
Wait a minute, guys - that's two of you have stated that the problem is finally fixed. It's not fixed on my phone. What are you doing to get the version that does what we've been asking for?
QuirkyDude
Base Runner

Happened today for me in Australia using iPhone 

12Yanv
Jogger
Yes how
Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, Martha
TheRealSTB
Recovery Runner

I'm afraid I can't tell you "how" because Fitbit apparently is doing a "staged rollout" of the beta. So basically, I fired up the app one time and it offered me if I wanted to enabled the Beta UI (pop-up) and I said yes.

There isn't even a way to go back to the original UI which I don't miss in any way!

--
Thanks

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

SLC323
Jogger

The latest update seems to have fixed this issue. 

Maverick23
Jogger

The latest update (which for me, on an iPhone, was 2 days ago, or July 12, 2019, and is now labeled Version 3.1) does NOT have a new UI and does NOT fix the issue.  (I am located in the Central Time Zone in the US - so, maybe the Australia commenter from earlier and the rest of you are just getting it earlier...?  Maybe I'll see that "it was fixed" in another week?)

I'm also SO NOT PLEASED at how many gyrations I had to go through just to type this reply.  Hey - Fitbit - we're mobile:  Let us reply quickly and easily from our iPhones - and don't let random people who aren't logged in change our email address - okay??

Thanks loads!

Cindy_R
Recovery Runner
Well, that’s just great, I was offered “something” however I wasn’t wearing my reading glasses and couldn’t agree to something I couldn’t see. I figured I’d be offered it again on another device but no dice.

Thus I have no idea, if it works or not. I was one of the original posters blasting the dumb tile UI.

Beamed up by Scotty.
12Yanv
Jogger

I also was an original and was never offered the fix. Thanks Fitbit for taking care of your loyal customers 

Yatzpye
Recovery Runner

Bring back the tiles please. The new layout is awful. 

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the latest version of the Fitbit app. Now, when you press the 'back' arrow to view yesterday's statistics, all of your stats will update simultaneously.

@BobTheCat, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

12Yanv
Jogger
I just updated my app and it has not changed. What is the new version? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks, Martha
Tracyohara
Stepping Up
I have just updated and it’s just the same as it was!!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Cindy_R
Recovery Runner
Thank you! Thank you!

Bob you're the man! Too bad it "only" took, roughly, 3 years, 8 months and innumerable complaints for Fitbit to get the message.

To those having difficulty updating. Delete your current app and reinstall. Your data is saved on their server.
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Tracyohara and @12Yanv, check you're on iOS app version 3.5 - click here to find out how to update.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.