See previous days' data across all tiles in mobile app

I like the layout of the new IOS app.  I wish that when I switch days to look at previous days' data that I could have ALL the tiles still change to the previous day's information.  Right now with the updated app only the daily goals change to the previous day's data and the calories in and calories out stay with today's current information.  This is not helpful to me if I am trying to quickly see how I did yesterday which I definitely do sometimes.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels. 

325 Comments
Felhair
First Steps

I just got the new Charge 2. Love everything about it except for the dashboard. The tiles at the bottom drive me nuts.  I thought my app wasn't working properly and spent hours logging out and back in.  Only to realize it's not my phone,  it just doesn't show you the previous days info. I don't like that at all!  Please update!!  

moleek
Keeping Pace

I agree this is a terrible design flaw and the dashboard should show the stats for each day as you scroll through the dates as it had in previous versions of the app. Personally, I've stopped using the app until the issue can be fixed. When this issue first started, I spoke to help through live chat about it and was told that this was an unforseen issue that started with their latest update at the time. Now it looks like they've decided to ignore the issue and let on that this was intentional for some reason. Anyway, I'll continue to download the latest updates in hopes that this issue is fixed someday, but until it is, I won't be using the app.

darcilicious
Recovery Runner

I would like to have the tiles show the previous days' data just like the stats on the top half of the screen do. I can't believe that it would be all that difficult to implement.

RedPike
Stepping Up

I gave up waiting and took my FitBit Charge HR back.  Shame.  It was a product with great potential which, through their deafening silence, they are choosing not to exploit.  I now use MapMyRun instead, it does well.  BTW, it did also take:

• this issue: Track-Cycling-on-Mobile-App-with-GPS
  • the fact that over a number of months it wasn't comfortable to wear over-night, and
  • the strap blistering  - I found quite a few others had suffered the same problem -

to tip me into taking it back.  

cindybam
First Steps

I was just instructed by fitbit to comment here if I wanted a feature to change - I am in such agreement with all of you.  Hopefully they will take notice and the historical tiles will track with the actual data.

Alan508
First Steps

The ability to keep all data in sync on the dashboard especially when scrolling back in time only makes sense. Without this ability it is impossible to correlate exercise, diet and sleep patterns together, defeating the purpose of the dashboard IMHO. 

M_elle
Jogger

I totally agree! I thought it was a "glitch" and have been informed that it is not!! Seems weird that all the tiles don't change when the day changes. What good is not seeing this change when you switch days??? Seems logical!! If you want to make a comparison Garmin's app does that. It just makes more sense.

I hope they consider a fix to this asap. (I still think it's a glitch)

Suzranch
First Steps

I agree: was told it is working as designed.  Today's SLEEP data tile displays for ALL prior day's sleep data.  It appears as though the latest sleep data is overlaying prior data.  

Was told to 'select' the tile to open up prior day's data. 
Design is frustratingly wrong...

Official28
First Steps
Well now all my Blaze is doing is continually syncing all by itself how do I stop it?

Sent from my iPhone
Charles
mstuermer
Stepping Up
Hi Charles,

the new software for the Blaze should help. It still behaves the same idiotic way displaying the past, but syncing was fixed.

Best regards
Matthias
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree! I just finally tested the new dashboard. While I prefer the old dashboard, I could learn to live with the new one but ONLY if the sleep data - and the steps per hour data and the resting bpm data, as well - changes with the top tiles to reflect the data for the day I'm reviewing, not just the current day. I want to be able to see all of a day's data in the dashboard as I'm reviewing the day, not have to go into a tile to look at the history for that one measurement. That's annoying and unnecessary.

PurpleShirl
First Steps

Not just for the iOS, for all phones.  This is the silliest "feature" I've seen.  I thought it was a bug for the longest time. Please go back to how it was, or at the very least let it be an option.

nycjapp
Jogger

Totally agree!!!  When I go to the previous day I expect to see the stats for the previous day.  I find it perplexing why there is not complete consistency within the dashboard.  The top portion that shows the number of steps, floors, miles, calories and minutes lists each day while the bottom half of the states, for example, number of days exercised, hours of sleep and number of 250+ steps of x hours, should also provide data from the day which one is viewing and not just today's.

QuirkyDude
Base Runner

Digger live chat person say Fibit was going to adjust it.

--
Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

BurtDaddy
Jogger

C'mon, you're better than this!

This change is one of the worst I've seen in my long career in tech and involvement in UX.  If a dashboard is labeled "Yesterday" then it shows yesterday's data.  I was certain it was a bug, and in fact not convinced it isn't despite being told by their excellent support team (no, really, they are!) that it was designed as such.  Is there any justification for it?  None that I can see.  I'm open to perspectives and explanations and consider myself reasonable and open to interpretation, but honestly can't see a different perspective on this: It's senseless, and should be changed back immediately.  Even a "Whoops, our bad, it's a bug!" would inspire more confidence than claiming it's a feature.

Cinny
Recovery Runner

Fitbit, when are you going to fix this issue so that tiles including sleep, water, active per hour, calories, etc on the screen will reflect the date being viewed? Your product is really wonderful, except for this. Please respond with what the Fitbit team is planning to do about this. Thanks.

dianeg
Recovery Runner

Please change the dashboard so that the whole day's data changes as you scroll.  I really don't see the point of seeing some previous data alongside current data.  When I look at historical information, I want the complete picture and not just pieces of it.

michelleinps
First Steps

I like my FitBit One, but the app doesn't show me previous days sleep.  This is useless to me.  I am going to research other clippable tackers and their aps.  Makes me sad. 

Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

Hi, @michelleinps, if you click on the sleep tile you will be able to see all your previous days's sleep.  You just can't see it on the front page because of the design decision (whicn many people do think is a little surprising...)

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
So why display irrelevant current data while looking at the history? it only makes sense to display yesterday’s data with yesterdays sleep, etc. It’s a silly oversight if you ask me. I’ve said it before, I love the new dash but hate the way historical data is mixed in with current data. It’s far too confusing for people to navigate.
TheRealSTB
Recovery Runner

Because Fitbit developers are either ARROGANT, STUPID, or both.

It used to change the whole display to match the current day shown in PREVIEW versions of the new dash.

But then they broke it shortly before FORCED it on everybody.

And now they've been ignoring our complains for around 6 months.

The pathetic thing is, they can't even claim that their designers think this makes better sense. If they did, they would've changed the WEBSITE DASHBOARD to the same RETARDED behavior. But they haven't.

That tells me some developer regressed the code and Fitbit doesn't care to fix it.

michelleinps
First Steps
I understand this, however, I want to see ALL the previous days’ information on the screen. (Steps, Flights, Sleep, Weight, etc). It serves as a snapshot and was very useful to me.
trrinva
First Steps

I recently bought an Aria scale.  After syncing it I noticed the same weight showing up every day.  I contacted customer support and after a lot of emails they told me this is how IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE!  I just can't believe you are supposed to see information from another day on the tab for the current day.  This is horrible and makes me want to return my scale and find a different tracker.  Since this thread is lengthy and there has been no update I am guessing FitBit is choosing to do nothing about this.  You all had a great product but this is a huge step back for your users.  

michelleinps
First Steps
Agreed and ditto.
Elena_Iv.
Base Runner

This should be implemented most definitely.

The new dashboard is a huge step back in this aspect, compared to the old design. The ability to see earlier data at a glance is a basic functionality, which should not be taken away from the users.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.