See previous days' data across all tiles in mobile app

I like the layout of the new IOS app.  I wish that when I switch days to look at previous days' data that I could have ALL the tiles still change to the previous day's information.  Right now with the updated app only the daily goals change to the previous day's data and the calories in and calories out stay with today's current information.  This is not helpful to me if I am trying to quickly see how I did yesterday which I definitely do sometimes.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels. 

325 Comments
mkrchnak
First Steps
I wish the previous day's had all the info from the day rather than just the top section. If I'm looking for calories in or water drank, I have to click into the tile and can't see the snapshot of both like the day. I like to look back and see the full day (weight loss, the whole bit) in one view. Right now when you scroll back the top section is from the previous day and the bottom tiles are today so you're not getting a full picture of the progression.
Cinny
Recovery Runner

I totally agree. I am disappointed by the lost functionality. When I scroll through the days, only the top active section changes. If I'm looking at a day, I want to see what water, sleep, calories eaten, etc. also accounted for in that day. They all relate to one another and it's actually confusing that it doesn't change because it used to, and now suddenly the upper and lower sections of the page are not in sync.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I agree! Much needed!
TwixPanther
Base Runner
There's a whole thread on this in the iOS app section of the help boards. It's meant to be about the new dashboard as a whole but 80% oF the comments are regarding this issue.

They need to fix it fast before they get rid of the old dashboard.

Most annoying tonight when I opened the app to check my stats a couple of minutes to midnight. By the time it had fully synced, the clocked had ticked several times and guess what?😡😡😡
QuirkyDude
Base Runner

Agree.

It makes no sense to me as a user to view the most recent information for the tiles below the daily stats if you are looking back at previous days or a week ago,

Surely the idea of looking back at previous days is to see  what happened then.  Seeing my weight or sleep a week ago when I scroll back is just as important or maybe more important  than my steps.
 I'm sorry I don't see the logical of having to tap the non daily tiles ( which i my case are daily -- sleep and weight) to see previous time.

And also I think the if you reach your goal.. as other tiles do.

Thank you for the opportunity of giving you feedback.   You have an awesome product and I use it 24/7 -- and have done since November 2013.

I'm trying not to be obsessive about this, but hopefully your developers can see my logic, or if not explain why they need to do it that way.  

@BobTheCat wrote:

I like the layout of the new IOS app.  I wish that when I switch days to look at previous days' data that I could have ALL the tiles still change to the previous day's information.  Right now with the updated app only the daily goals change to the previous day's data and the calories in and calories out stay with today's current information.  This is not helpful to me if I am trying to quickly see how I did yesterday which I definitely do sometimes.

@BobTheCat wrote:

QuirkyDude
Base Runner

Hi,

with the new app, I think the tile showing the sleep time should go green if you reach your goal.. as the other tiles such as steps does.

I don't nee to see the awake sections in red on teh curve. It's only a quick glance to check teh hours and whether I have reached the goal.  I can check the details if i click tthe tile.

It would be nice for it to be green show you can look at the dashboard and compare how you went on ecah goals . at a glance. 

IMG_7882.PNG

RedPike
Stepping Up

The point to a dashboard is to give you a complete overview, isn't it?   My problem is that to get a complete overview of each previous day will take a great deal longer with the new dashboard. 

Please fix the new before getting rid of the old.  Otherwise, BTW, I like the new dash.

TwixPanther
Base Runner
I think we should have an option in this forum to do an extra special vote wherd we feel it's warranted.

Id gladly sit and click vote on this particular request a thousand times if it meant the complaints about the lost functionality got passed to the developers and 'corrected'
BobTheCat
Base Runner
Wow! Thank you everyone!
AStabel
First Steps
Glad to see this is already a topic of discussion. I love the look of the new app, but like all of you would like to see all of yesterday's information. Hopefully this is a design flaw that Fitbit is working on before going final with the new dashboard.
shobs
Jogger

Yay!!! I've posted the same thing! I too want all the tiles to move to the information of the day I am on, not today.

Dear Devs, implement it and I love you. Cheers!

Ashlee1701
Stepping Up
I completely agree I love the new look of the dashboard but the tiles should reflect the day for the day you are viewing not have the data persist for the current day.

I have moved back to the old dashboard because of this issue

Please fix as this is a very poor user experience in my opinion
RedPike
Stepping Up

Having had a look at the new dash I liked its look but rejected it for the reason we discuss here. Today I notice the old dash has an instrusive banner in red that implores us to "Check out the new fitbit Dashboard".  This is only serving to irritate.  Please make the banner  conditional on the new dash having not already been checked out.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I totally agree about the new layout for app. I thought it was a mistake that it was showing the same data below the top tiles. I reinstalled the app and I messaged FitBit about it. They said it was designed that way! I told them that is crazy to make people click into a another section to see the data from the previous day such as hours of sleep per day. The old interface it shows the actual number for ecah previous day if you want to look back. In the new layout if I wanted for example, to see how much sleep I have on previous day, I have to click into the sleep section to see the previous numbers. That is def not very streamlined or user freindly! 

BobTheCat
Base Runner

Agreed @SunsetRunner.  This request has gotten a lot of support but I haven't seen the change.  It's disappointing.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Other than that I really like the new style and setup of the new dash....but PLEASE fix this issue! That is bad functionality! It def looks like a mistake and very confusing to the viewer. 

DarkAthena
Recovery Runner
Agreed! The new dashboard, while visually interesting, is a HUGE step back in functionality. Fitbit, please fix!!
dordale
Recovery Runner

Totally agree with everyone posting here. When looking at a previous day's data, it makes absolutley NO sense for all the tiles not to show the data for that day!  As others have posted, I've went back to the old dashboard because of this, and with the latest update I now have to deal with the irritating pink banner at the top of the dashboard asking me to try the new dashboard.  There should be a way to dismiss this banner--especially since I tried the new dashboard and chose to go back to the old one! I would switch to the new dashboard if the display of previous day information is corrected.  For now I've stopped updating the app until I read that this has been fixed--I'm afraid that the ability to use the classic dashboard will disappear altogether!

I've read several posts of people complaining about this and it is very disheartening not to see any acknowledgement by the fitbit team indicating that they are even looking into this.

YYCGRL
First Steps
There is a bug that erases all of your calorie, water, etc. As soon as you go back to look at or edit previous day activities. Super frustrating. This is only on the new dashboard
mstuermer
Stepping Up
I do like the new dashboard, but when I slide through the days just the big tile changes it's values depending on the displayed day. The others remain in today. That's misleading. They all should be bound to the displayed day of the big tile.
TheRealSTB
Recovery Runner

Fitbit: Please regard the issue reported here as USABILITY BUG not merely a feature suggestion.

This confusing behavior contradicts the UI that is used currently on your own online dashboard, used by the old iOS dashboard, and used by earlier releases of the preview dashboard.

I actually LOVED the new dashboard till you introduced this bug. Then I called support to report it and they told me it was "by design" and to report my feedback here.

Sced
First Steps
On the new dashboard, it shows the values for the current day! When i change the day i want to see the values for that day not the current day. I shouldn't have to click into each value to see the value for that day! Cheers
lovelylyndak
Jogger
I agree. This irritates me about the new dashboard so I am using the old one until they force me to change. It is confusing to see today's information when you click the arrow for yesterday. The website has tiles and changes all to the previous day.
nedwobk
Recovery Runner
Couldn't agree more. Makes no sense not to see the the actual stats for previous day's especially as the if is a) available and b) on old dashboard. Surely this is an easy fix which would make people very happy. 😛
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I guess there is not enough people complaining for them to make an update. I would like to post what their logic is in having the design this way since it doesn't seem obvious why someone would want it this way. As I said before it looks like a bug (which is what I thought) and why make users click into two screens to get the basic dashboard info? Dumb!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.