See recent & frequent foods from day 1 grouped by date

Please find a better way to customize foods, either with a web link that you can add from a recipe site and it automatically does or a picture or better ways to customize at home prepared foods for most of us who meal prep and then edit them. I can’t edit mine, more options for going out to restaurants too and name brands. Optio to see recent & frequent foods (starting from day 1), preferably grouped by date.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Gridit
First Steps

Food Editing, Yes! - at the very least, allow better editing in the app custom foods that have been created, or to import an existing food and make Corrections that save as a custom food. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Akubisek , and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about different methods to log food  with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DavidCooks
First Steps

Hi, I'd like to suggest that

1. Recent foods stays for longer, I would say at least 1 month or better since the start of the history, but in the order of how recent it is.

2. Same thing for frequent foods, much longer list is needed, preferably all foods since the beginning of logging history, in the order of frequency.

3. I am in the UK, I was able to find by barcode the product Bio Gallette de Grano Saraceno. However, as recent and frequent foods history doesn't contain data after about 1 week, and I threw away the packaging, I tried to find this name in the database. It didn't show up. So I think it would be nice to be able to search foods in the database if we can find them by barcode.

4. It would be good to have Copy Food or even Copy Meal function, where I could copy an item or the whole meal e.g. from yesterday to today.

Thank you

ryanceres
First Steps
- non-truncated lists for recent & frequent foods (starting from day 1), preferably grouped by date
- possibility to copy food from earlier logs

This has also been noted in more detail by DavidCooks here:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/different-methods-to-log-food/idi-p/4814510
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ryanceres, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more different methods to log food. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You might be also interested in voting for this other suggestion: Copy food log from one day to another.

You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Akubisek! Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here

Import recipes from websites

Ability to edit an entire food log

Ability to add pictures of meal in the Food section of the Fitbit app

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.