Share MobileRun activities on Social Media

One of the best aspects of the Fitbit app is that it plays nice with all platforms, and it encourages the social aspect of exercise.  I love the fact that I can brag about my latest badge, and then share that on Facebook or Twitter.  

I would really love it if you could share your running activies that you've done with MobileRun on Facebook.  Right now there is no share button or option, which is very limiting.  This is the only thing that is keeping me from leaving RunKeeper!

Thanks!

75 Comments
brianwestchest
Recovery Runner

This could be done via IFTTT if there were an event in IFTTT for a Fitbit workout.  I don't kno how to get an event added to IFTTT though.  

brianwestchest
Recovery Runner

Here is a screenshot of the post created by IFTTT via the link with my Jawbone UP24.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 4.15.12 PM.png

Lambeaus
First Steps
Can't believe this isn't a feature yet!!

Thinking a simple button to share to Facebook or Twitter, right on the screen when you finish a run.

Not interested in the current feature, so push a post daily or weekly of daily steps. I'd like to share details like best a good pace or long distance
Athelit
First Steps

Hi there, thanks for making this app. Also it need good improvement. I would like to see the feature to share the run, walk or cycling on facebook. Right now it does not have this. I am also looking same for my twitter account. You only have sharing options for stats on twitter and facebook which I am not interested in. 

I would like you to make note that I dont see the facebook sharing option in my fitbit mobile app. I had to login to desktop to connect but this does not seems a good solution. 

Please bring this feature of facebook and twitter sharing on any activity that user would like to. 

Best wishes.

Hughesjt
Recovery Runner

Any updates on if/when we will be able to share FITBIT activities?

yaroslavd
First Steps

This is superbly annoying now, and I am considering switching to a different watch. I just ran a personal best, and I can't share it with my friends on Facebook?

BTW, this is not some fancy new revolutionary feature. Literally every other fitness software out there allows you to do this.

Can someone from FitBit please comment?

brianwestchest
Recovery Runner

If someone would just create an event trigger in IFTTT, that would go a long way to solving the problem. There are other event triggers for FitBit, just not one for completing a workout.

This shouldn't be that difficult.

lfinsas
Stepping Up

I can go on long walks, and sometimes I want to share this with a friend ie via an email link, fb or twitter post. Should be easy to fix?

Stantin
Jogger

I have my surge synced via a computer and want to share a specific hike on Facebook with Dashboard - but I cannot! Please add this feature.

sa_zu
Recovery Runner

I want the same! 

I wish to be able to post my run with map on facebook as I was able to do with endomondo.

It would be also great being able to export the workout to endomondo or other third party app (don't worry, i won't abandon fitbit 😄

pmcduffie
First Steps

Would love a share button for sharing my walks on FB and other platforms!  Screenshot workaround is tedious and cumbersome at times.  (Fitbit Flex).

melons
Jogger

I really want to be able to do this too. Please implement..... or else integrate comms with Mapmyrun or runkeeper or similar. I just want to share my successes..... 

Please? 

VVidi
Jogger

Hello,

Currently, Fitbit has option only to share daily and weekly activities (summary of steps, distance, calories) to social media, friends etc.

However, it does not have option to share the workout data to the social media/friends. I think this will be very valuable to have for anyone who has an active lifestyle to motivate others and get motivation from others. Suppose, if anyone ran 6 miles in a strech or did a 1 hour cardio workout at great cardioburn level heart rate, wouldnt be great to share that type of workout data with friends to motivate others and ourselves? 

Good thing is Fitbit already populates that workout data in the mobile and computer platform. So, it would be just easy enough to export that data with a sharing option. 

I AM TOTALLY FOR IT...Are you?

While so many less popular brands/activity devices have such option, why can't Fitbit have such?

Fitbit, please do !  Thanks !

mhasman
Recovery Runner

c'mon, man, nobody cares about your steps, heart rate, miles, other personal "health" info. share with your fiends something really cool, simply enjoy your sport and lifestyle

grishick
First Steps

I really want this too!

brianwestchest
Recovery Runner

This needs to be done. This should be an easy fix and is an obvious flaw in the Fitbit software. Every application in the world interfaceas with Facebook and Twitter now. The daily summary is not enough. This should be easy to do. I am really disappointed Fitbit hasn't addressed this yet.  

KemalS
Jogger

I also would like to be able to post my runs/walks/hikes together with maps on Facebook. This is a feature most other products/apps already have. It is disappointing even to have to suggest this here. Can you at least tell us if this is being worked on?

romecroy
Jogger

Fitbiit..... make it so, you're letting your users down big time. 

If free apps such as Runkeeper and Map my Run can upload mapping info then why can't Fitbit give its users the ability to select from their dashboard what they want to post on Facebook ie maps.

RoselR
Base Runner
Make it happen, Fitbit!
brianwestchest
Recovery Runner

I was excited a few days ago to get an update email from Fitbit saying they had a new interface to Facebook. Unfortunately, it was just being to find friends from my Facebook contacts.

The lack of response to this request is disheartening. If I wanted to be ignore, I would have stayed with the Jawbone Up24

sa_zu
Recovery Runner

give us at least the gpx file to use!!! 

DanDrake
Jogger

I have had my Surge for about a month now and love all the stats it provides.  I see how one can automatically have FitBit post your daily or weekly stats to Facebook, but that's too much sharing for me.  I'm used to being able to select just a singe event to share on Facebook - like the good run I had this morning.  Anyone know how to do that or if that's on a FitBit enhancement list?

DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

A Strava/Fitbit intergation was announced earlier today. Click here for more information.

yaroslavd
First Steps

That's great! Posting from FitBit is still desirable, though.

Steveinett
First Steps
This would be a great feature for me, it's got my vote.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.