Share heart rate with friends

My friends and I would like to be able to share our heart rates with each other. Some of us suffer from anxiety and our heart rates spike during an attack. This would help to let us know if one of our friends needed help. 

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Smithey, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MichaDowling
First Steps

My partner suffers from heart issues and would love to have an option where (as a friend) a permission can be toggled so I can constantly see her heart rate. 

The workaround I found was to login to web-based dashboard and view it there. But this is a little teadious. Would also be great if a notification can be sent to a list of users if heart rate goes out of range. 

roliwilhelm
First Steps

I think this is a great idea. Also, I think it would be cool to use the pulsed vibration to mirror heartbeats for friend and lovers to share their heart beat, especially those separated by COVID or long-distance relationships.

Summersrain7
First Steps

I agree, this is the main reason I would want to get a Fitbit. I would like to share my heart rate with my family because sometimes it is not normal. Has this been implemented in the Fitbit charge 5?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I just got a Charge 5 and I was hoping that this already existed, but as it stands, I guess i'm upvoting and hoping that it gets done.

MDrinkwine
First Steps

I have a friend that recently received a heart transplant. I am researching options for them so they can share their heartbeat with loved ones, but also possibly the donor family if they approve communication. I have an Apple Watch and can do this with others that have the same but being able to do this with any kind of smartwatch would be the best for this case. 

Msparks1942
First Steps

I was hoping for this feature, as well. My mother was just diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and my brother and I would like to get notifications when her heart rate goes up again. I just got her the Charge 6 but unfortunately can’t see her heart rate unless I’m with her. 

MycMae
First Steps

I agree, I think it'd be a wonderful idea. It would be nice to be able to share my heart rate with husband. I was diagnosed with a health condition where my heart rate spiking could lead to fainting, and I'm a stay at home mom. It'd be nice if my husband could see my heart rate so he knows if I'm alright or if I need assistance. 

hknaltunok
First Steps

I think this feature must be added. This can prevent a lot of risks for our loved ones

luvmyfiddle
Stepping Up

I would like to share my resting heart rate with my doctor to show how changes in meds over time are affecting me.

the_froglady
Jogger

I just got my Charge 6 a couple weeks ago and I was hoping, in fact, THIS is why I bought it in the first place.  I thought I was going to be able to add my daughter, who lives 82 miles from me, so that she could monitor if I even HAD a heartbeat!    My greatest fear is that I die in my sleep and no one finds me for several days.  I live alone, out in the country, and pretty much stick to myself.  I have pets in the house and they would be without food and water if that happened.     I found this comment and was hopeful, but I realized that it was from 2020 and NOTHING seems to have done about it.  In fact, it doesn't even seem to be on Fitbit's radar.   The mod said that they would look for additional comments and there seem to be several.   The "status" though, is only set to "Reviewed by Moderator".   What does that mean?  Please don't tell me I only have a fancy, expensive watch on my arm now and if I want that feature, I would have to look at some other company and tracker?    :'( 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.