Show Heart Rate in 5--10 min blocks

The heart rate details screen should allow you to drill into more specific details by hour or even 5-10 minute blocks. You can drill into GPS details. Details should actually be available for all.

Moderator Edit: Added labels

36 Comments
I used to have an android phone and used Fitbit with it. I recently changed to an iPhone and noticed the apps were not the same. My android had a 24 hour graph of my HR and I was able to click on that exact spot of the graph to see exactly what time my heart rate spiked. For me that was so helpful to see as I can look at the graph at the end of the day and see what time my heart raw was elevated during my day. My iPhone does not have this feature. Also my Fitbit band reading for hr is very inaccurate. However, when I sync it to my phone the hr numbers that my band was displaying is much different then what it actually synced to my phone. In fact what is synced is probably more accurate. I have been working out for a long time and I know when I'm doing cross fit workouts my hr doesn't stay at 88 bpm. Just weird that they don't sync up... Please help Fitbit!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great idea! I think that having a more detailed HR graph that displays exact times would be very helpful to a lot of our users. Thanks for sharing your feature request with us.

texasmeg
Jogger

YES!!!  As is, the heart rate graph is pretty useless.  Especially for someone who works out.  Because then you probably go down to a pretty low rate at night, say 45, and then you go up really high during your workout to say 185.  So really the ups and down tell you nothing.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something to fix this!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
When the heart rate is displayed on the dashboard it is currently possible to get a more detailed view of the rate during the day, but there is apparently no way to view the rate at a particular time, or at least the rate in a small interval, say across five minutes, with the interval end points marked appropriately. This would be useful in discussions with a physician, or in matching, say, extreme heart rates to known activity times. I have bradytachycardia, and can show my rate during the day to my cardiologist, but with no way to tell what I was doing or when slow or fast episodes took place, all he does is smile and tell me it's interesting, but not useful information. So, my feature request is for a more detailed "drill-down" graphic available through the dashboard.
PosterBoy
Jogger
Perhaps the automatically detected active minutes records could include HR info. Those records are already accessible via the website.
MrBreadWater
Recovery Runner
Actually, there is. When you put it into exercise mode, you can go to the Log Activities page and click View Details. This will allow you to see exact HR data, and what time it was.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
That's not useful in my circumstances. I don't engage in specific exercise 'activities' and therefore don't activate the tracker for that purpose. The tracker already captures the heart rate in sufficient detail and displays it on a graph. However, the graph marks only endpoint times, so if you see some periods of high or low rates in the middle of the day you can't drill down and find out when that rate occurred. My high or low rates do not always correlate with exercise (due to bradytachycardia), but there may be other environmental triggers. Currently my bradytachycardia is mild and asymptomatic - when my heart rate drops to 40 bpm or climbs over 160 bpm I usually continue my activities normally - within a minute or two my rate goes back to normal and I don't realize I've had an episode until I view the [currently inadequate] heart rate graph. Because I'm asymptomatic my bradytachycardia went unrecognized until I had minor surgery and my heart rate dropped to 34 bpm. That triggered a stay in hospital for further tests and led to the bradytachycardia diagnosis. A Holter monitor gave a more detailed view of what was happening in my chest, but it's uncomfortable to wear and is only loaned out for a day or two at a time anyway. The rate recorded by the Charge HR could be useful if time details were available.
Bamodeo
Recovery Runner

Please add the ability to move over heart rate graph and see readings and time similar to the way you can see awake and restless minutes on sleep graph. Not having the ability to see actual numbers makes graph difficult to analyze when training. Also seeing more time intervals rather than just every 12 hours would be much better. It would also be nice to see readings in a list format for analysis by time.

MacAndrade
Jogger

Also I'd like to suggest that from the web dashboard or from the app (for both will be great) should be possible to see different days behind, not grouped. This will improve the capability to check events where some odd behavior happen during a certain time and day.

Please, looking forward to see this soon!!!

Solid
Jogger
I agree we should be able to pin point an exact time an hr. My wife has a form of a-fib an we see the spikes but can't pin point a time so this would be very helpful.
Solid
Jogger
The iOS H.R. Dash board should have a more detail time. Where you can scroll across an get actual minutes. Just like the sleep dash board so you can pinpoint minutes an times.
Ties
Jogger

Definitely agree

I'm doing interval training and I'd like to see how high my HR is in those intervals. Now I can only see a graph with spikes, but there is no way to show the exact heart rate at a specific minute.

Steve_D
Jogger

I agree and would like to add the resting HR chart to that as well.  I would like to be able to tell what day a given point is from.

GFM-HN
Jogger
I agree! Add details to the HZ chart. Also allow us to display HR along with time on the main display.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your feedback @MotoJP! I also think that this is vital information and we should have different options to interpret and review it. Feel free to keep participating over the Fitbit Forums.

See you later!

Anewor22
Jogger

Yes and it would be nice if this was available any time, not only during activities 🙂

whatwherewynn
First Steps

Agreeing with everyone else. I'd like to be able to click on the resting heart rate tile and see what my heart rate was at any time during the day.

tawakonisu
First Steps

Agree with discussions.  I have a-fib and need graph to be able to track heart rate at all times to monitor problems and show doctor's.  Other than to help with weight loss, the main reason I purchased the HR.  Love all the other features and this would just put it over the top for me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like to check more detailed information about my daily heart rates. When using mouse and using browser page zooming I'm able to get somehow good view about my heart rates but there are still lots of ups and downs in my heart rate curve what I'm not able to click / point. I know Fitbit records all the data, but why it is impossible to get closer look. If it is difficult to get working in phone apps, please make it possible to zoom in using Fitbit website. If not zoom, please make it possible to view it using custom time line which user can change.

Moderator edit: Labels 

MicroRun
First Steps

Also I would like to zoom in as much as I want to see data with minute grids at any place of the chart. This could be done on desktop as well in the mobile app.

Actually this is the main reason I bought my HR. To know what my heart does at the right time.

Double-O
Jogger

I also would really  like to see this feature. I thought this seemingly simple task of zooming in and expanding the heart rate graph would of been a standard feature. I previoulsy had a cheap Chinese Tracker Band, (UK £18) and the IOS App it used "Veryfit 2.0" did this no problem 

mdvazquez0506
Jogger

Totally agree! I don't understand how such important information is not easier to use and view especially when this is the main and greatest feature of the Charge HR. Please fix this!! I have started another forum on this same issue with other suggestions.

Also, why can't the same programming fitbit has applied to the logged exercise HR apply to the daily HR? It doesn't make sense.

JohnPj
Jogger

Hopefully they'll do this !! Other fitness watches lets you zoom in on the app and its great to get a more accurate result for the time you want etc ! 

saturn17
First Steps

I just got an Alta HR, in part to track sleep stages, in part to track heart rate during the day, not so much doing strenuous exercise, but just going for quick walks on breaks at work.  Unfortunately, I have sleep issues that mean I rarely sleep for three hours straight, meaning it will rarely track sleep stages.  And low-intensity activity doesn't seem to be enough to let me see a heart-rate graph.  So what I would LOVE would be to be able to go to the "activities" tab in the "log," where I can see my steps throughout the day -- in five-minute increments if I'm looking at a single day -- and in addition to being able to see steps, calories burned, and floors climbed in those five-minute increments, I could also see my heart rate (if it was measured) during each interval.  It would allow me to see how high my heart rate goes on walks that don't meet the threshold for "exercise." It would also let me see how my heart rate varies during the night, and compare it manually with the less-detailed sleep info I get, or see that, "Hey, even though I'm "restless" and moving a lot at night, my heart rate is at least dropping for part of that."

Thanks for hearing me out.

Nikitha
First Steps

Would it be possible to see some more details of the heart rate in the future?

If you now make an effort, for example cycling, you can see the heart rate but not in detail and not on the graph of the normal heart rate. 

Why is there a difference in heart rate at the same time of the effort?

Would it be possible to export the data of the heart rate in the future?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.