Show Sleep advices (quality) Android App

Sleep advice (such as in sleep as android):

Summary of those factors that are positively or negatively associated with better sleep quality

Analysis of factors that influence sleep quality (deep sleep/time asleep/rem)

Including automatic recorded such as time in bed, timepoint of awakening, female cycle,

but also with user added labels, such as geolocation, coffee, alcohol etc).

Top positive and negative factors can be shown.

One step further would be to reformulate this in an advice (Stay in bed for x amount of time to get the best deep sleep, etc).

Can also be included in the fitbit weekly/monthly report.

(this week/month/overall you got the most deep sleep/time asleep/etc with the factors of time in bed X, etc).

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

2 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vivace2018, thanks a million for your suggestion! This might be really helpful to people that enjoy having more tips or information about sleep. 

NicksUsername
First Steps

The app or smartphone could ask a few standardised questions just before going to bed, or just after waking up, to capture the extra factors. I've thought about this before. I'm a research statistician by profession, and have a picture of how this could be combined with rigorous statistical analysis, to give each user customised scientific advice on how they can sleep better. Fitbit could also analyse the aggregated data to make a substantial contribution to academic research on sleep quality. Fitbit - email me if you want to discuss this further.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.