Show sleep details on Fitbit devices without sync

When Opening the today section of your watch in the morning, you could always check how you slept, regardless of if you are close to your phone or sync with your phone

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
12 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mowermatch, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to see sleep stats on smartwatch without syncing with phone. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Currently the complete sleep detail is computed in the Fitbit cloud services. 

lucilia
First Steps

At my Luxe watch all info is shown without syncing.
Why sleep info need to be sncing?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lucilia, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to see your sleep details on your Luxe without needing to sync with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

dariomonet
Jogger
I just got a charge 5. I just discovered that compared to my old honor band 5, the charge 5 doesn't tell me how much I slept immediately, when I just open my eyes in the bed. It would be useful to know immediately how much I slept, without the need to sync to the app
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dariomonet, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about having the option to see sleep data immediately after waking up without syncing your Fitbit device. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Danny_asks
Jogger
Make the sleep data (at least the sleep length) of the current 24h cycle be available on the watch regardless whether it was synced or not. The data IS on the watch, but it relies on the phone too much to be practical/useful. It also blinds your eyes with that bright theme (no dark theme) if you want to check your current sleep length at night.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Danny_asks, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Karollolo
Jogger
Why Fitbit Charge 5 don't show sleep time on screen. Every morning I have to sync smartband with my mobile app. After than my spart band show sleep time. You have to fix it
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Karollolo, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about showing sleep details on your Fitbit Charge 5 without syncing with the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

KactusKooler
First Steps
The Fitbit Watch (I have a Versa 4) measures sleep data, but does not show sleep information until opening the app. What if it could show the hours slept and sleep score immediately?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @KactusKooler, thanks for sharing this suggestion about allowing your Versa 4 to show your sleep details without needing to sync with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.