Show total distance run over the past year

It's the 1st January and I'd like to know how far I ran last year (tracked on Surge) On-line Activities summary shows total distance for all activities, but I want JUST THE RUNS please. 

54 Comments
PlainJaneSC
Stepping Up

I would love to be able to see how many miles I’ve run for the entire year. I want to do a run the year challenge and it would be great to know how many miles I’ve covered in a year

excaliber88
Jogger

Same need here, seems simple enough to do.  Actually surprised that this is not implemented.  

Lopetto
Stepping Up

I second that. 

It would be a great if we were able to search for specific activities (for instance running) and get total running time, total running distance etc over a specific period. 

Cheers for your consideration 

Kav2001
Recovery Runner

Yeah I needed to download and manipulate in Excel to see my stats

Now I have average targets (per month, per day of week) and totals (monthly, yearly) to try and beat

The website has all the data they just don't format it well enough

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

ajjp
Jogger

We need a dashboard tile that allows us to enter a workout activity (run, swim, etc) and a time period (1 week, month, year, etc.) and that tile will show the total distance over that period. This seems like essential functionality to me. 

karmle76
Recovery Runner

I thought I would try exporting data but no luck there either.  The old and the new way. 

You can't get it filtered out by specific activity.  This needs to happen.  A buddy of mine showed me his miles of running activity last year on his garmin app and I would love to know mine without having to look up every individual run and adding it up.  Yuck...who has time for that?

hqqiu
Recovery Runner

I want to track only running miles.

I want to know:

how many miles did I run last week, last month, last year, and even whole life?

thanks.

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@hqqiu Thank you for your suggestion to having an option to track running miles.

I moved it to this thread to maintain this board organized and because it is the same idea.

gpixie
First Steps

Ditto this suggestion. I want to see my running miles, not the miles I paced around the kitchen. Please make a way to aggregate activities and get annual/monthly/weekly totals.

Kgotlello_M
First Steps

I would’ve really liked to know how many KM/Miles I done clocked in each activity individually so on the app, those little stats and margins offer a timeline of progress in the long run. Instead of just getting the amount if steps in said activity

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kgotlello_M, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about individualizing distance covered in each activity. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

29.abhinav
First Steps

We are in 2020 and fitbit has still not updated such a basic and must have feature. What a disappointment. 😞

29.abhinav
First Steps

Fitbit users have been asking to seperate activity wise data for last four years but it has still not been done. Is fitbit really bothered about views of community members or this is just a marketing gimmick? How can we trust fitbit if they have not done anything about it for past so many years. Being able to measure month on month run miles (only run; similarly for other activities) is such a basic feature to have. May be fitbit management lack brains of they are not interested to make it more ergonomic. It's better to get rid of fitbit. Sheer disappointment 😞 

karmle76
Recovery Runner

I've been saying this and have been thinking of switching to garmin.  I will just miss my fitbit friends.  That's the only thing holding me back.

Krabbits
First Steps
Fitbit automatically updates to Strava, which does keep yearly (and many
other) stats. For free 🙂 download the app and link it in Fitbit app. Every
run will automatically input into strava directly from Fitbit you don’t
have to do anything 🙂 Happy running!
Hozmac
Stepping Up

4 years later and Fitbit still can't get just a total of runs/walks tracked. Now Strava has stopped this free option too. So Fitbit are you going to sort this out, or do we go to Garmin? My Fitbit is old and battery dying, Garmin time me thinks?

bobsullivan999
First Steps
Ditto. Stopped using stava yesterday when I couldn't get to training log.
Garmin here I come.
T.Hurley
First Steps

I could really do with being able to separate runs from just my distance overall as I have just started doing virtual races and I would like to do an overall one for mile/km covered from running/cycling throughout the month/year

redmike15
First Steps

Come on FitBit, the data is there just give us one more filter for activity type on our historical data.  This should be one of the easiest things to implement and would make a wold of difference to runners/bikers/swimmers/any activity you can think of.

Ajillity81
Jogger

how do we get this feature implemented.  there seems to be a huge need for this.  the data is stored, you just can't get to it, without manually transferring the data, one line at a time, 10 activities at a time.

how many miles did I run this month? this year?  how many miles did I bike? how many miles did i swim? how many hours did I spend lifting?

this is important. 

Shasan
Jogger

Yet another new year without a way for me to see how many miles I ran last year. Please fitbit, add this very intuitive feature! Most runners in the world would like to improve their running somehow over time, and the most basic way is to improve pace or run more miles compared to the last quarter/year. Without a way to see how many miles we ran or what the average pace was for a give year, 3 months, months, or week, it is very difficult to make these improvements. We all shelled out money to buy your gadgets in hopes to improve our health/fitness. If, even after five years of Fitbit customers requesting this feature, Fitbit can't deliver it, I am sure Fitbit WILL lose some of its most important customers who upgrade gadgets with each new release!

Aleks94
First Steps

Alot of users want see selected excercise dada pats years... fitbit cant do it for years? 

Sad.

swsmit07
First Steps

I just swapped to my Fitbit and am amazed I can’t get reports by activity type. Can you please enable this?!? 

NatomCZ
Base Runner

Yeah, I'd love to be able to see my stats separately per each activity type... Monthly and yearly stats would be nice to compare and see my progress in time.

I'm missing something a friend has available from Suunto (attaching screen of yearly activity stats). I'd love to have this kind of output (+being able to see evolution of the metrics in time for selected sport/activity) from my Fitbit exercise data - it would make the data much more useful for me.

Suunto yearly stats.jpg

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.