Show walks/runs in Kilometers/miles per hour, not just in pace.

I think it would have extra value to see your pace from walks/runs in Kilometers per hour (or miles per hour for that matter). At the moment you can only see your pace,which for a lot of people is an unknown/underused metric. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

163 Comments
Teb4me
First Steps
Hi! 🙂
First post here, this is extremely important to me so I had to. 😉
I would LOVE to see SPEED (mph) instead of pace.
I would think that everyone would, don't understand why it's not already available...?
I have a Fitbit hr charge btw.
Thanks! 🙂
johncarney
Jogger

I'd love to see an option to show speed instead of pace. I can understand that some athletes might find pace more useful, but speed is much easier on the brains of us normal people.

andrew0410
First Steps

Me too - please add this feature a.s.a.p.

DanHeath77
First Steps
This would be very useful to me too. If it can be done please add this feature ASAP!
Thanks.
sandymrc
Recovery Runner

I also would like to have mph instead of pace on my Surge.

Jazzy-82
First Steps
Thank you for adding km/h PLEASE!!! 😊
Libanese
First Steps

Please add km/h. for me the most important option and would change from device if not added.

Nacer
Jogger

Yes, this would be nice! I have just bough the blaze and after my running i was surprise to not find the speed in km/h

Flo51
Jogger
Add speed in km/h when running
Puttputt
First Steps
I too would love the speed (km/hour) on my hr charge
Thank you
Akku1234
Jogger

must be feature

skynet81
First Steps

This must be added.
(as software engineer I know that the effort to add this extremly usefull feature should be small)

kumadais
Recovery Runner

Could you make speed available to Charge HR users, too, please?  Thank you!

Ametcalfe
First Steps
That would be a must to have the speed option (instead of pace).
Teb4me
First Steps
I don't even use my app while walking/running bc what's the point? If it's not even going to tell me my speed then why drain my battery?😋
I still can't believe they don't have mph... That's one of the most important stats to include!!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Most people in Europe calculate distances and speed in km per hour, not pace. It's the same thing when an American is talking in km's instead of miles. The're probibly like, eeeh how many miles is that? 

I would like to run a constant of 11 km/h but there's no way to see this while running or after a run on my ios app / desktop app. 

Please add this! 

woolly1973
Recovery Runner

Please when are fit bit going to give us apeed like most other sport watches

Mars1966
First Steps
Yes, Fit Bit do not appear to be interested in this. I wish I had brought a different brand. Have definitely let my friends know about this.
d_mts
Jogger

Hi,

Would love to use speed instead off pace also.

Never tought that this was not an option when I bought it.

Is their any queue about feature request to get implemented as this is here already more then a year?

Mars1966
First Steps
Hi

I don’t know about a queue, I think if a number of people get on this, they will then look at it..
If I had known speed wasn’t in Km’s I wouldn’t have spent the money on this, it is wasted.

Marlene
m0ve
First Steps

Please add km/h as a view prefrence asap, thanks 🙂

Butz
First Steps
Als a user of the blaze, I would also be very pleased when the speed option would be added. I base my tempo on speed instead of pace like some other people.
Akraaijeveld
Recovery Runner

While tracking running of walking, now you can track your pace. I would like to track speed instead of pace. Is it possible to add the option?

Erv
First Steps

Overall, there's a lot of data that could easily be added to activities. Most fitbits track elevation; however, that information isn't within the activity on the app. I'm sure many users would like to see deeper data involving elevation, speed, etc. Fitbit really needs to get on the same level as the myriad of other fitness apps such as Runtastic, Runkeeper, MapMyRun, Strava, etc. It's silly that I can track my run as a bike ride and it'll have speed, but it won't be there in my tracked run. Speed is important so visualize an even pace or to note proper intervals, etc. 

fervertar
First Steps

I just bought the Fitbit Charge 2 and I never imagined that anything as basic as showing the speed in a running exercise would not be available. Please, I would like to see the average speed and the maximum speed after a race! 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.