Show weekly/monthly total calorie counts (not only average)

In the Fitbit app I think it would be really useful to be able to toggle between daily, weekly, and monthly calorie count. This allows you to see whether you are in a deficit, at maintenance, or in a surplus over a more relevant period of time. Being able to see the stats over a week/month is a better indicator of whether you’re achieving your goal

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

7 Comments
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Benners - if you click on the Calories icon in the Fitbit app you get the weekly view of calories and presumably in Premium monthly also.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Benners, thanks for sharing your request. I'd like to mention that you can see weekly and monthly graphs if you tap on the Food tile in the Fitbit app. If need something different please add as many details as you can about this feature, so we can confirm what you like to see on the Fitbit app in the future.

Thanks for adding your comment @Guy_.

See you around.

Benners
First Steps

What I mean is that I would like it if it showed your total calories in versus out over a week/month in the form of numbers i.e. ‘so far this week you are 1,800 calories under budget.’ So you’d be able to look at your week so far and know numerically how many calories you’d expended and eaten so you could keep track easily of your calorie deficit over weeks/months. I know it shows the calories in the form of a graph but I find that difficult to see whether you’re actually in a deficit over a week. 

robneville73
Recovery Runner

Same. Yes I know about the food and calorie icons showing weekly data HOWEVER, that's show average for the week. NOT the total. If I'm trying to lose, say, a pound a week then I need to hit 3500 calorie deficit for the week. Average doesn't help me see how I'm doing for the week towards that goal. Maybe tapping the avg calories thing should toggle it between avg and total? Just a thought.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Benners, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding weekly and monthly total calorie counts on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in voting for these similar feature suggestions: Weekly calorie totals on dashboard and Weekly Calorie Deficit for Previous Weeks.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

BAttila
Jogger

The weekly calorie deficit (cals in minus out) was a very important piece of data in the weekly report, a feature that was incomprehensible to delete. A feature that should have been extended to a monthly or individually adjustable period (!!!!)
At least it would be included in the paid premium service. And it would be attractive to many of us not to cancel the premium service (which includes many features that are completely uninteresting)

Users have been asking for this service for 7 years now, but unfortunately Fitbit (Google) doesn't care. And as an IT professional, I know that this development, including testing, would take a week at most if it were included in the user interface.

Lhamilny11
First Steps

I really miss seeing my weekly mile total.   This new overall makes me very sad.   Please go back to the old app or make revisions to the new one.    I get frustrated every time I look at the dashboard.    I don’t see one improvement in the new look.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.