Show weight lost to date on new Fitbit app

Show weight lost on home screen of app, or the depressing amount still remaining to be lost. I want encouragement for what I’ve done, not overwhelming info about what’s left to do.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
11 Comments
DiMT
First Steps
This morning (Australia 29/Sept/23) my “weight lost to date” disappeared from dashboard and was replaced with weight.
Very disappointed!
I know my weight… and am more motivated by seeing weight lost.
Why not give the option (turn on turn off) for weight AS WELL AS weight lost?
Or revert back to the weight lost option that was in the prior version?
OldApp
Jogger

Yes! Seeing the amount of weight loss is good motivation.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nutmeg1, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about showing weight lost to date on the new Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Nutmeg1
Jogger

My original comment was changed. It’s supposed to say show wt lost to date on home page dashboard of app, NOT wt left to lose. 

DiMT
First Steps
Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Just wanted to say how EASY this would be to RECTIFY given the fact that showing “weight lost to date” WAS previously shown on the dashboard.

I.e. weight lost to date was REPLACED by showing actual weight.
However the new actual weight has an option to switch on switch off.
All that needs to be done is REINSTATE what was previously there “weight lost to date” and then set that up with the option to switch on switch off.

As prev mentioned I don’t want my weight being displayed on the dashboard, but currently it has to be to be able to regularly enter my weight😩🤦‍:female_sign:🤷‍:female_sign:
Having the “weight lost to date” is a HUGE MOTIVATOR in the challenge to lose weight, I personally don’t want to be reminded of my current weight that does not motivate me.

Hope that helps
Kind regards
Dianne

Sent from my iPad
Ashl12245
Jogger

Removing this from the app has left me really disappointed and I feel like I now need to find an alternative. This was one of my favourite features and i found it very motivating, I hope this is resolved ASAP before I find something else to replace.

DiMT
First Steps

Totally agree!!

I am motivated seeing my PROGRESS!! 
Not being discouraged:daunted by the remaining task of weight to lose!

please make the dashboard display show WEIGHT LOST TO DATE and if others don’t want that, then give people the option to switch on/off the display on the dashboard. 

if people want weight to lose -then make that an optional on/off switch on the dashboard too. 

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY PLEASE… make actual Weight a separate on off display option on the dashboard. I know how much I weigh, I don’t need a constant reminder and I don’t want other people accidentally seeing it because it is BOLDLY written on the dashboard.

THANK YOU!!

MakeshiftPotato
Stepping Up

This is quite annoying that they have changed this.  This is motivational took to help us stay or get fit.  Seeing my current weight doesn't help.. I want to see how well I'm doing.  

Please put it back to how it was to show weight lost not current weight..  or give an option to choose.  This should be based on if you've set you want to gain, lose or maintain.  

DiMT
First Steps
Totally agree!!!

Sent from my iPad
kmweightloss
Jogger

I got a new phone and after the Fitbit App downloaded, it now shows my current weight and how much I have left to loose (see "new phone view" - 1st pic) instead of the total pounds lost since my start date (see "old phone view"- 2nd pic), which is what it used to do. I know my current weight, and I don't want it to show that. I want it to show my success and how much I have lost since I started. Can this please be fixed in the next update so I can have it show me my total pounds lost like it used to?New phone viewNew phone viewOld phone viewOld phone view

FitGinnie
First Steps

I want the option to turn off my weight from the dashboard, as well as the option to show how much weight I have lost.  Frustrating that this was removed - I liked this feature a lot.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.