Sleep Heart rate Breakdown should be free feature

Sleep Score, including HR sleep graphs and the awake/restless/sleep graphs should not be part of Fitbit Premium for a couple reasons:

1) Nothing my Fitbit does or can do should be charged extra for, like heart rate monitoring & sleep graphs.

2) The HR Sleep graph should not be premium-only, it's simply your HR while asleep with the Resting HR comparisons, that should be free to anyone who has a HR-capable Fitbit. 

3) The most ridiculous premium-only feature is the restlessness graph. Come on. This is old Fitbit sleep technology prior to sleep stages, now we have to pay to see this simplistic graph. 

In summation, the Sleep Score features w/ graphs should not be Fitbit Premium features only.  If your Fitbit tracks this information, which it does, we should not have to pay to access these features. That is not right. All of the extra Premium features I understand charging more, because they are additional features/items that can be used in conjunction with your device. Sleep Score is not.

Fitbit, this needs to be corrected.

***Below I included a picture of the Sleeping HR Graph***

****Side note: Also it's been over a year and STILL no SpO2 sensor working, this is beyond explanation on their part and they refuse to give one either, same old party lines.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity, format and labels.

IMG_9665.png

47 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

None of it matters. Fitbit is being sold to google.

http://click.e.fitbit.com/?qs=1c715631de08dd171c2c74cbe070304895f7916a72603f72535c151a63853a9e5c2646...

That's why nothing is being changed, we don't matter.

lizz319
Base Runner

I agree. I shouldn't have to pay more money for a feature that came with my watch. I spent well over $100 for an upgraded watch with HR. I should get all the features free of charge. I can understand charging for bonus features but not for a feature that is built into the watch and that I had access to before premium was offered. I have a feeling that this will be my last Fitbit. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It most likely will be everybody's last fitbit... I'm sure google will keep the brand name, but from now on anything new will be a google Charge 4 or whatever else they come up with. I really like the bit in there that states "dedicated to providing choice through a broad range of devices" yet even just asking for the screen to remain on longer for the Charge 3 is ignored, asking for additional clock faces is ignored, no ability to develop our own, common features taken away and bundled into a premium service, etc..

So say hello to your new masters.. the leaders in ignoring requests from users, the stealers of information, the cyberdine of today... google.

Over 12 years ago, my co-founder, Eric Friedman, and I founded Fitbit with the vision of making the world healthier. I’m excited to share the next step in achieving that vision with you today. Fitbit has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Google.

What does this mean for you? For the immediate future, nothing changes. But the goal is that with Google’s resources and global platform, we will be able to innovate and bring you, and our millions of other users around the world, even more great products and services to support you on your health and wellness journeys. We know no one size fits all, so we are still dedicated to providing choice through a broad range of devices, software and services, and will continue to support both Android and iOS operating systems.

You, our users, are at the center of everything we do, and it’s important that you know that your trust is central to our mission and has been since day one. This will not change by joining Google. We are committed to the same strong data privacy and security protections. You will always be in control of your data, and we will remain transparent about the data we collect and why. We never sell your personal information, and Fitbit health and wellness data will not be used for Google ads.

Today’s announcement is just the first step in this process. The transaction is expected to close in 2020, subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by Fitbit’s stockholders and regulatory approvals.

When Eric and I started Fitbit, we could never have imagined the incredible community Fitbit would have today. Fitbit has more than 28 million active users around the globe and everything we do comes from our commitment to your health and wellbeing. None of this would be possible without you. So, my sincere thanks to you for being a loyal customer. I look forward to the next phase of our journey together!

Sincerely,
James Park
CEO, President & Co-Founder

THigginsWx
Base Runner

@SunsetRunner Wow. I did not see that, good catch. That is unfortunate, all our data will now be owned by google. Time to jump ship. 

LAURA-O
First Steps

I also completely agree. Thank you for posting this because I was about to, and the way you stated it is so on point!! Definitely is a rip-off to have to pay for some “premium service” to be able to see the big picture of your heart rate data when most FitBits are HR equipped. That was one of the main reasons I got my Inspire HR (coming from an Alta that wasn’t HR), only to find out I will have to pay a monthly fee if I want access to MY complete heart rate data. 

THigginsWx
Base Runner

@LAURA-O Thank you! It really is ridiculous. They also labeled this post as "spam" 2 weeks ago and when I called them out on it they said it was "marked as spam as an error"....BS. I would be willing to bet that was intentional and that has been a theme when there are legitimate complaints. Not cool. We'll see if they listen, they can't justify it. ESPECIALLY paying extra for the restlessness graph. Like I said, that was the graph showing your sleep prior to sleep stages, it's outdated and archaic sleep technology. 

RondoCelt
Base Runner

The main reason I got my Fitbit is because I'm retired and do not sleep well.  Apparently I did not pay enough for Fitbit to give me accurate and necessary heart/sleep patterns.  I know when I go to bed and when I awake.  Other than a simple graph there is no more information.  Unless I pay.  No thanks.  Putting this in the drawer and putting on my good old wristwatch.  Goodbye Fitbit.

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

I can understand having to pay for training or guidance.  But to make users pay to get back information that we FREELY give is a horrible decision.  Very bad business decision.

Lia_of_Whiterun
Recovery Runner

Agree that OUR data ought to belong to us, and in particular, I object to a company RESCINDING access to information unless users pay a premium.  I'm going to buy Garmin now, FitBit has been a terrible disappointment and close to what I would consider a scam.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, all the Fitbit app features you enjoyed before Premium are still available for free, and we’ll continue to add new free features in the future. Fitbit Premium adds new paid features, but does not remove any previously free features. All Fitbit users will continue to have access to their time asleep, sleep schedule, sleep quality details, as well as weekly hours slept compared to their sleep schedule. Additionally, all Fitbit users with a device capable of heart-rate tracking will also see their sleep stages and sleep score.

Premium members will see all of the above, and also receive a deeper analysis of how their sleep score is calculated. This deeper analysis includes visibility into sub-scores for time asleep, deep and REM sleep stages, and restoration details, which provides analysis of your sleeping heart rate and time spent tossing and turning.

We always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQsWe're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

LauraNJ
Jogger

We purchased the devices (ionic and charge 3) for their ability to track sleep, not expecting that we would have to pay for a premium service to see the advanced stats it tracks. Make data collected from the service free.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LauraNJ. Thanks for explaining why you'd like to see all your sleep data without having a Premium subscription. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

begemot
Jogger

I recently bought fitbit inspire HR primarily to track my sleep, and I was very disappointed to discover that some fairly simple sleep data such as the sleeping heart rate is locked behind a paywall. I understand that some additions like coached programs cost extra, but locking data that comes from the device anyway is too much. Sharing this data with the user does not cost you anything. In fact, I am so disappointed by this greedy approach that I am in fact thinking of returning it for this reason.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @begemot. Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about making the sleeping heart rate free in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RLaman
First Steps
Allow the user to easily see historical data for tossing and turning including graphs for various periods so they can easily spot changes and trends.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mountaineer_47, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see more details about restless time in a graph. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Pksrowland37
Base Runner
Since sleep score is not consistently providing a sleep score it should be free. this feature is the only reason I got premium but I only get a sleep score 60% of the time. Or provide money back or credits for the days it doesn’t work.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pksrowland37, thanks for explaining why you would like to see sleep data taken out of the Premium feature. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

deltonabill
Recovery Runner
Would like to see my Heart rate while I am asleep
If I need to get a new version than Basic, then I am not
interested in any answer, thank you.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @deltonabill, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having the sleeping heart rate available on the Fitbit app without a Premium subscription with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Mcav75
Tempo Runner
Setting as you locked the previous suggestion I'm opening this again. Locking out sleeping heart rate and restlessness behind your ridiculously overpriced premium tier is sheer wrong headed. If these features were included with the device, I'd stay with Fitbit. As it is, I'm joining the many people who are leaving.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Mcav75, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing Sleeping Heart Rate and Restlessness data for free with us. Two similar ideas were already posted in this board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.