Sleep mode for Inspire and Inspire HR

I am involved in a few health studies, some of these studies collect sleep data as well as exercise. I was wondering when fit bit inspire enters sleep mode, is there any way the screen could automatically dim itself, if I move my arm while sleeping it lights up and it is bright. This has woken me on more than one occasion because it is so bright.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

11 Comments
thenameless1
Hill Runner

On the basic level its like how apps are providing a day and night mode.  Hopefully some of the fitbit specific examples below  might create a better picture. Much like how you let users  set the "Today" options:

1. Day/night mode would actually be a nice option

2. Location settings: If a user is opting not to share or set there location to "always" then remove the areas of the app that reflect GPS usage or tracking an exercise.

3. Premium upgrade: allow users to either opt in or out of the premium in the settings and if opting out it removes the section from the app

4. Premium upgrade(option 2): Instead of having the section in the app as a generic ad why not use some of the data the tracker collected and actually show us the benefits of premium. Don't just say oh it'll provide mindfulness tools and a wellness report. Take data from like 6 months ago that's not currently useful and show an example

5. Bluetooth:  More control over Bluetooth settings.  Like only sync to the Bluetooth dongle (base station), the phone, or maybe both. Only sync to phone for notifications.

These are just a few suggestions, but the logic is to keep the app in sync with features that people are actually using and reducing the clutter in the app. The clutter in the app  is taking away from the experience.

Now what you can also do is something like hulu  where you get a cheaper subscription if you opt for ads.  This will still allow you "advertise" your products and services.

I can't speak for everyone, but me personally, i would rather see a popup ad once a month for premium as opposed to currently having  a quarter of the app displayed and unusable on my phone

Fitbit moderators: This is not specific to any one platform and applies to all options including ios, android, windows, and the dashboard.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @thenameless1! Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions. We can see that you have shared lots of ideas here but we ask that you only post one idea per Feature Suggestion. That way we can keep these boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. We have chosen one idea and retitled and labelled your idea accordingly. Please repost your other ideas as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’.

thenameless1
Hill Runner

@YojanaFitbit I'm not quite sure you understood my request. I'm not requesting day/night mode nor did my suggestion have anything to do with the "today" options.

I've highlighted the portion of the post that is the feature request: but the logic is to keep the app in sync with features that people are actually using and reducing the clutter in the app. The clutter in the app  is taking away from the experience.

Now i don't understand why you want to treat these as separate requests and are telling me to post one individually.  Especially when you just recently took 2 separate requests of mine and merged them together. It seems like no matter what i do I just can't seem to get it right. I've included the link below where you merged different ideas.

I'm not expecting a response, but it seems like i can repost my origional idea and it not be flagged as cross posting because what you changed the request into has nothing to do with what was requested.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Random-Bluetooth-Mac-addresses-to-avoid-google-a...

@LanuzaFitbit this is part of the issue i'm having on the forum.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The inspire doesn't have this option.. But through the Fitbit app, quick view may be turned off. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kadok and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a Night Mode for Fitbit Inspire so the screen can dim itself when activating sleep mode! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kadok and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

javco
Jogger

I am replying in support of a "Night Mode".  I'll start with the two scenarios describing why I'd like my Fitbit to have this feature and then propose a (possible) implementation.

S1: The display comes on while I'm sleeping and bothers my wife enough that I've quit wearing my Fitbit to bed, even though I'd like to have the sleep data. I'd really love having the ability to MANUALLY turn off the display completely at night. Note that I DO have Quick View turned off.  Apparently I bump the button sometimes when I roll over or adjust my pillow.

S2: When I go to watch a performance in a theater (pre COVID!), the display comes on when I applaud the performance.

Complaints/Requests about BOTH of these situations have been discussed in this forum going back to at least 2014.  Please review “Bright-lights-at-night” (4223643) and “Turn-off-quick-view-when-I-m-sleeping-or-at-customizable-times-aka-Night” (855669).  Note that the second of these is marked “Released” even though IMO many of the 1,460 comments make it clear that “Quick View” is NOT what the person was requesting.

Proposed Requirements:

R1: The user SHALL be able to manually turn off the Fitbit display from the Fitbit app. Note: This must be done manually because no algorithm can handle scenario 2, above.

R2: When the Fitbit display has been turned off manually, pressing a button or moving the device around SHALL NOT turn the display on.  Note: This shall be true regardless of the current Quick View setting.

R3: When the Fitbit display has been turned off manually, the device MAY use its haptics to buzz in a way that reminds the user that the display has been shut off.  Aside: "may" means that this requirement is not mandatory but rather is up to the team to decide whether or not it is needed and can be implemented in a reasonable manner.

Alternate Implementation:

Allow the user to force the device into Display Off mode using a button on the device.  Opinion: This is likely to more difficult to explain to the user than simply using the app.

FYI:  I have a Charge 2 running ver 22.55.2.  [I’ve updated to 22.58.0 but haven’t verified that the problem described in scenario 1 still exists.]

@Kadok: Would the feature described above be acceptable for the health studies that you discussed?  If not, please point out why not.  Thanks!

p.s. Yes, I’m a SW developer….how’d you guess? LOL

Yonijo
Jogger

I also have a Charge 2 V 22.58.0 and would love to have a sleep/night mode that would disable the clock face from turning on.
I turn around quite a bit and somehow hit the button which wakes me and my partner up at night.
It gets to the point that I do not want to wear it at night because it keeps us up.

Thank you.

Kadok
Jogger

@javco 

Actually it would be great, it seems I do the same thing with my fit bit while sleeping, hit the button and the room lights up. It wakes my wife as well as myself, and I also have quick view turned off. There have been some great suggestions @thenameless1 other than just night mode. So yes it would work for me....

Cola33
Jogger

This would be great, it wakes me up when I move, or wakes my husband up. 

Zwa
First Steps

I agree.  I was woken up by it last night for about the third time since I bought the device.  I'm a very light (haha!) sleeper and this is really bugging me.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.