Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,167 Comments
althetrainer
Recovery Runner
All my fitbits over the years share one thing: sleep record could change within 24 hours. Woke up @8 this morning the record said 46 min deep sleep. I return to sleep for an hour hoping to get more but when I checked again later my deep sleep reduced to 8 min in total duration, the longest stretch of deep sleep disappeared on the chart. Why?
Sudoriferous
First Steps

I agree. A lot of the wonderful features with the update are gone and as my Charge 4 is slowly on its way out I am shopping around outside Fitbit.

Sudoriferous
First Steps

Don’t know how or if I can edit my previous post.

I wanted to update that you actually can see your stats by pressing sleep, then pressing on the day you want to look at. You will have 3 choices: 

1. Time Asleep
  2. Deep and REM
  3. Restoration

Pressing on any of them will show you how that part of sleep went through out the night.

GMan1000
Recovery Runner

Hi Sudoriferous.  I know I can hunt all this information down but previously it was presented in a handy summary.  The "improvement" seems like a step backwards.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GMan1000, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the old sleep summary page on the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Exckkkk
First Steps
I find the new sleep score layout hard to read. The layout is choppy and does not show the nightly flow as well as the old style.
SarahWeiss
First Steps

I do not like the new sleep graph. It is very hard to read. I don't feel like I'm getting good info like the previous version.

BillinButler
First Steps

I agree.  It's not what I paid for when I bought my Fitbit Versa 3

michw99
Jogger

The new sleep score setup is terrible, please go back to the other setup.

rjwigg1
Jogger

I couldn't agree more!  Yet another TERRIBLE update to the Fitbit app.  The old chart/format was so much easier to understand at a quick glance.  This one is just awful.  I really wish I knew who they tried out these updates on.......Please go back to the old format.

Dupedagain
Jogger

Totally agree just another in a long line of degradation of what used to be a great product,

will be my last Fitbit as it is now cheap, tacky, and the activity tracking is appalling now

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Exckkkk, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing back the previous sleep data layout to the Fitbit app with us. This product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

BusyA
Jogger
Can’t easily read the daily graph now as no colour, data is overlaid on graph obscuring the information and no ability to scroll through the different sleep stages .Can not see a numeric list of sleep summaries over time only as a graphic without numbers.oPlease bring back the previous format
Pixie69
First Steps

I agree.

This is a huge step back.

Please improve this Fitbit 🙏🏻

Exckkkk
First Steps

Completely agree. Change just for the sake of change…no improvement. 

bogordon
First Steps

The new sleep stages graph looks like some tech genius’ nightmare. We should have the option to go back to the previous graph, but I was told by customer service that this is not possible.

Redstarorbit
Jogger

Not sure who's bright idea changing the sleep display was but they need to go to the naughty corner. It's terrible: inefficient, unclear and not what you'd expect as an 'improvement'. 

Keliou
First Steps

Agree as well, it is not as clear and easy to read. I liked being able to scroll through each cycle of sleep and drilling down to time. Plllleeease change it back!

Natmorrissey
Jogger

So true! The new display is confusing. I was really enjoying the previous one with colors and each sleep stage shown clearly. Please change it back!!

MccEri
First Steps

This new sleep track layout is awful.  Very hard to read. Please put it back to the way it was. Or give users the options to choose their layout.

Crispy21
First Steps
New app update looks like it has been developed by a primary school student, absolutely abysmal. Can we please have the old version back, if not I will be ditching my Fitbits
ODAT
First Steps

Agree 1000%

New sleep chart is horrible!

Cici68
First Steps

What in the fresh hell did you do to the sleep graph?  It’s an absolute abomination.  It’s unreadable.  The content is messy, not aligned in any way that is user friendly.  For starters, one should never have the axis definitions smark in the middle of the actual line graphs.  It is plain and simple poor design, and the problems just continue to follow the poor design theme all the way around.

Victor-L
First Steps

Completely agree.

Several features were removed such as the ability to click on the sleep graph and see what times I was in each sleep stage, plus there is no oxygen graph so I can see when my oxygen spiked compared to my sleep stages.

Bring back the previous version. 

JGal2024
First Steps

Couldn’t agree more. Why change something that was, in my opinion, perfect before? Totally unnecessary change that took something great and made it terrible. Please, please, please change back! Have already started researching different smart watch brands if it doesn’t change back. Almost unreadable and unusable now.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.