Sleepwalking alert when steps are detected in a sleep mode

It would be an awesome feature if the wearer could be alerted when they are sleepwalking, if the silent alarm could be set to go off if steps are detected when in a sleep cycle or mode.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Ashby.Lu! This is a very nice suggestion, I think that a lot of user might find those alarms really helpful. Let's see what others think about this.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Such a feature would be very useful to me as well.

It could also be set up as a diagnostic feature since many sleepwalkers are not aware of their sleepwalking. For example, the fitbit app could notify the user the next day if it detects steps during the sleep. 

Tim1023
Jogger

I can see that this would be a huge safety feature for those that suffer sleep walking and therefore support it. However, I have the opposite problem, namely Fitbit thinks I'm asleep when I'm up.

As such, if developed, this feature should be an option set by the user.

Ashby.Lu
First Steps
Same for me because I am still and TRYING to get back to sleep!
My partner sleepwalks to a dangerous point.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 😀

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.